Cortana Tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cortana Tower

Does any member know anything about the brand "CORTANA".
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Cortana Tower

Yes my dad used to drive one

Cheers,
    John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
      Yes my dad used to drive one

Cheers,
      John

Thought that was a "Cortina"!!!!!!!!
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

His dad bought a fake. Was imported from China.
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/150977425@N05/

Comment

Nat,

Its a gimmick (my own personal opinion there) - if you are sat at your laptop and typing its just as quick to type a google search than it is to say "Hey Cortana, look up the price of Cortinas for me".

It is like Siri - a voice activated assistance basically.

I know some people probably do use it successfully, but when I tried it, just to see what it was like, it took ages to recognise anything I was saying by which time I had either opened the file, loaded it up myself or googled it. :)

"Hey Cortana, set me a reminder for 3pm" - maybe quicker than setting the alarm yourself, but then at 3pm all you get is "A reminder"...

Hey Cortana, have I got anything on today" - doesn't get the response "I cant see what you are wearing", but it may just open your calendar or you get a list read back to you of your diary appointments I think - I could never get it to work properly myself but then my patience with these sort of gimmicks goes out the window after ten minutes of trying to set it up LOL.
          Andy
          Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
          EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
          [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Stan & Andy; thank you very much. Yes, it looks like a digital assistant and I get all kinds of messages as Andy has posted. I am now rather "scared" what I click on as these messages are so very much life like. I don't know whether there is some instruction manual for this or do I have to go back to my Installer? Don't like to bother him all the time. He also replaced the DVD disc drive with a Samsung one- the previous one which wouldn't load was not named!!!!! My head is now going round in "circles" like the owl!!!!!!!!

Comment

Nat,

If you have bought the laptop new and there was a problem with the unnamed disc drive (unnamed as it would be the factory default one), then my suggestion would have been that it might have been faulty and as such required return under guarantee, not a replacement which now might void your warranty???

re Cortana,:

I) click the start button.
              ii) select settings (the cog wheel icon)
              iii) at the top of windows settings there should be a search bar type "Cortana" in that.
              iv) it should then display something like Cortana & search settings as you type - click on that line - Cortana and search settings.

This should now give you a series of options in the bottom left corner which you can change.
              Andy
              Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
              EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
              [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Thanks Andy. The disc drive has been changed to Samsung by the installer and there is no problem now. I bought a new Tower and I have got a 12 months warranty on it. I will try and get to the bottom of Cortana soon. Many thanks for your help. I will get back ASAP.

P.S. I now understand why my grandson wants to get into IT and not medicine!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X