SHOWCASE 2016 - VOTING OPEN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHOWCASE 2016 - VOTING OPEN

All our pictures are now in 9 threads - one for each of the categories (listed below).

Voting:

And here is how you can vote. Hopefully not too complicated so that people do bother to take the time to vote please.

Please follow these instructions carefully and see the example below.
    1. All registered members of the eos-magazine-forum may vote.
    2. All those who have submitted entries MUST vote otherwise your entry(ies) will be disqualified.
    3. Those who submitted entries may NOT vote for their own photo.
    4. Voters should list their choices in order of preference and you have to select 9 pictures but each picture must be from a different category (ie one from each category). See example below.
    5. Points will be allotted as follows: 9 points to your first choice, 8 to second choice, 7 to third choice, 6 to fourth choice and so on to one point to ninth choice.
    6. Please send your votes to eos2016votes@aj1.co.uk
    7. You must include in the email your real name and your forum name in order for your votes to count.
    8. Voters can only vote once - no changes to your votes will be accepted.
    9. This showcase is just for fun and by entering or voting you accept to abide by the rules and spirit of this competition, and acknowledge that the decision of the challenge organiser is final
    10. Votes will be accepted up to the midnight on the Friday 3rd February 2017. (giving just over one week) and results will be announced soon after

EXAMPLE VOTING

Forum Name:

1, L0000 Picture Title, Landscape, 9 points
    2, P1111 Picture Title, People and portraits, 8 points
    3, N2222 Picture Title, Nature, 7 points
    4, S3333 Picture Title, Sport and action, 6 points
    5, T4444 Picture Title, Transport, 5 points
    6, M5555 Picture Title, Macro, 4 points
    7, H6666 Picture Title, HDR, Techniques, etc 3 points
    8, A7777 Picture Title, Anything else, 2 points
    9, B8888 Picture Title, Black and White, 1 point

I suggest copying and pasting this format then completing it.

Please ensure the Picture Title INCLUDES the 5-digit number that pre-fixes the title - this helps me identify the picture you are giving your points to - each picture has a unique 5 digit reference number - please use it.

It is your responsibility to ensure your voting is correct, any incorrect entries may not get counted. I will try to acknowledge all voting emails, but please allow a couple of days - including those that I reject with the reason for rejection so you can resubmit.

Any votes received after the deadline will not be counted - this includes votes from those that have entered - if you are late voting your pictures will get disqualified.

Once again - Thanks to all who entered and good luck.

Thanks in advance for all votes :)

Finally, the links to the threads for the 2016 categories are below:

Anything Else - 8 entries.

Black and White - 7 entries.

Landscapes - 15 entries.

Macro - 3 entries.

Nature - 8 entries.

People and Portraits - 10 entries.

Sport and Action - 5 entries.

Techniques, HDR, Colour popping, etc - 4 entries.

Transport - 7 entries.

Please do not post any comments/replies in those threads - thank you - discussions can appear in this thread. I ask this as it will cause bandwidth issues with my hosting of those pictures if everyone keeps going in and out of those threads to reply/look at comments - by all means go in and look at the pictures - thank you.
    Andy
    Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
    EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
    [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Re: SHOWCASE 2016 - VOTING OPEN

I've just voted......I really enjoyed reviewing all the photos, it was really hard to judge...thanks Andy!
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

I believe I have voted also, nothing's bounced back yet at least. Some really cracking shots all told, thanks again Andy

.DAVID.
      Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Apologies all - have received several emails but not had time to go through any of them - been sorting out contract and paperwork for the new job as I start Tuesday. I will try to look at all emails received by Monday morning.

Please don't let that put anyone off voting though.
        Andy
        Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
        EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II

Comment

OK - all votes received as at 9 pm today (Saturday) have now been acknowledged - if you sent your vote in before this time and not received an acknowledgement, please let me know.

All the pictures in the following 4 categories have received a vote of some sort:

Techniques - HDR, etc.
          Macro
          Sport
          Transport

Votes have been received for 45 of the 67 pictures submitted so points are being spread out quite well.

So yes your vote could make a difference in this fun competition.

Please note however:

There are still 2 people that have entered that have to vote - please ensure you get your votes in otherwise your entries will be void even if you are currently winning...

Only 2 non entrants have taken the time to vote so far - so thank you very much for that, but please forum members - even if you didnt have the time to enter this year, can you try to find the time to have a look and vote.

Voting closes Friday as per above message.

Thank you all.
          Andy
          Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

Just emailed off my votes Andy
            Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Thanks Alan. Have received email from you but not looked at it yet.
              Andy
              Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

Just a quicky - I have received some votes in but not had time to look at / check / acknowledge these. That's the trouble starting a new job LOL...so much to do. I will try to acknowledge all votes to date by Friday evening/night, so check your emails in case I have any queries over the weekend please.

Apologies for that.

I have also been made aware that there was an issue with my email box today so if anyone tried sending their votes today (only today was affected) - please can they send them again.

Everyone that took part has voted - just need all you viewers / forum members now to vote as well please if you have not done so already.

Due to the problems today with my emails AND the fact that I have been too busy to look at votes this week, I will extend the deadline for votes to midday Sunday - UK time.

thanks all,
                Andy
                Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

OK Voting now closed - all VOTES now acknowledged.

Only one query - so ColytonJohn - please check your emails and confirm I was ok in my assumption on what you meant - before midnight Monday please - I will then look at all votes, double check and count them up - will try to announce winner midweek.

Thanks,

Andy.
                  Last edited by Bhuna; 05-02-2017, 23:01.
                  Andy
                  Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

Working...
                  X