Scanning old black and white photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scanning old black and white photos

Hello, recently I scanned some old black and white photos that were taken during WW2 with Epson scan and I tried to open them using Canon's DPP software but it won't open the images, only the image number is shown on the screen, is this because they are not digital photos or is there some other process they have to go through.
    I would be very grateful for any advice.
    Thanks

Re: Scanning old black and white photos

I think it is worth checking what the scanning software exports the scanned image as. DPP will not open tiff files for instance, which is often the file type output by scanning software.
    flickr - website - twitter -
    instagram

Comment

Originally posted by RobertC View Post
      I think it is worth checking what the scanning software exports the scanned image as. DPP will not open tiff files for instance, which is often the file type output by scanning software.
      My thoughts also Robert. I scanned loads of photos recently using my Epson and saved them as tiff. They opened and edited in Lightroom and PS no problem. Never tried opening them in DPP mind you
      Garry Macdonald on Flickr
      Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Hello, thank you very much for that information. I have another scanner which can scan photos slides and film so I might give that a try. Regards.

Comment

Hello, thank you for your reply, I think I might try another scanner which scans anything basically, because I used it to scan some 30 year old slides and they appear in DPP ok. Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X