a tree...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a tree...

this was a quickly taken test shot using av and exposure compensation, not framed at all well, I would have deleted it but it looked ok on the camera.

17 by SuperGeeman, on Flickr

Re: a tree...

Well, it's a shame you clipped the top, and there's a bit of chromatic aberration in the background trees you could sort out, but the texture of leaves and trunk are interesting so I think there's a decent image in there with some effort. I might try something like desaturating all of the background (i.e. Colour pop the tree) to make it really zing out and that way the bland sky is less of an issue
    Canon EOS 7D
    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
    Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

yes, it will require some work, when I go back, i'll take the time to compose the shot, it was a real quick snap shot, but like you said, the texture is interesting. I'll have another look at it in photoshop when I get the time. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Comment

An idea, maybe do a harder crop inside the edge of the tree, with little sky or ground so that the wood becomes the main subject.

Comment

Yep, good call... Of course the obvious answer is to go back with a tripod and frame the thing properly lol, still, if everything went smoothly, what would I moan about

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X