Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 6D for motorsport

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
    I reckon 90% of people who join this forum post once or twice then not again. There are said to be thousands of members, but how many actually are active?
    I keep watch regularly and respond when I can make a contribution ...
    ef-r

Comment

In the days of film 4.5 frames per second was fast. AF was so slow that I used to manually focus whilst panning on car rallies and motorcycle racing (a technique which is now lost to many).
      We are all spoiled by the capabilities of modern cameras and lenses. Perhaps a few days working with an old film camera would make everyone appreciate how very lucky we are.
      As for the 6D for motorsport, with good camera technique you will be fine.
      Last edited by SpringfieldPhoto; 11-03-2017, 10:25.
      Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

I'm one of the silent majority and I've been following all of this with great interest. Buying a camera is just the same as buying a set of golf clubs, fishing tackle etc. After buying the gear you use it to follow your chosen pursuit using it to the best of your ability and within its limitations. My particular interests are photographing motor-cycle racing and horse racing, mainly National Hunt. My cameras are a 7D and a 5D (Mk 1!) and what I do is I fit a 70/200 f4 IS lens on the 7D to photograph the steeple chases as the fences are in the middle of the race track and fit my 24/105mm f4 IS lens on the 5D to photograph horses going over the hurdles which are nearer the inside rail on the inside of the track where I position myself as it calls for a wider angle. No doubt those who disparaged the use of a 6D will come down on me like like a ton of bricks over my use of a 5D! However it's like everything else in photography - you have to learn as much as you can about what you're photographing, be it flowers or racing cars doing 200mph and you soon find out the best way to take the photos you want.

scotsdave
        EOS 5D; EOS 7D; 50mm f1.8 (mk I); 28/80mm f3.5/5.6 (Mk IV); 24/105mm f4 L IS; 70/200mm f4 L IS; 1.4 X TC; Sigma 10/20mm f3.5 DC HSM; Sigma 18/50mm f2.8/4.5 DC OS HSM; Speedlite 430EX II.

Comment

Its all about perspective ....those with a choice of bodies will have a different perspective than those that don't. replies should respect the questioners perspective of course....simples!
          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Working...
          X