Dslr controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dslr controller

Anyone used this long-term? I've been messing around with it at home, quite impressed so far, very good for mf. To be able to use live view and control basic settings on a 10 inch HD screen is great.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Re: Dslr controller

Is this a piece of hardware or software?

Comment

My apologies, I didn't give a lot away did I... It's an android app it's not free, £7.99 https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dslrcontroller

Comment

I have it on a Nexus tablet. It is a bit buggy. Sometimes stopping or locking up for no apparent reason. But it's useful tethered for still life shots as you can see a much larger inage than the camera screen.

I also got it working with a TP-Link router (my 7DII doesn't have Wi-Fi) which again works OK at reasonable speed. Again good for reasonably static subjects, but no good for wildlife (I would need a remote controlled tripod head too!)
        Russell
        Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

I've been trying it out for a couple of weeks, on both my android tablet and phone. Main advantage is the screen clarity, and that you can zoom x10 on a HD screen, and the previews are easier to see. No bugs so far, working fine. I don't think I'll bother with Wi-Fi connection, I have a tablet stand that I can clamp to the tripod, looking forward to the better weather now.

Comment

Working...
          X