Sanderling

I don't need wings to fly by R MAURINS, on Flickr
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Re: Sanderling

Nice action that you captured.

Tom

Comment

Super action shot ,I would perhaps have lifted the shadows a touch to make it a stunning shot

Comment

Thanks Tom and Jeff

Comment

Agree. Nice action shot.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Looks like it's in training for the bird Olympics.
            I'm sure these guys must have a battery inside somewhere, Duracell, no doubt ...........
            EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

Good action capture, slightly dull on my monitor though??

Regards Paul

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                Super action shot ,I would perhaps have lifted the shadows a touch to make it a stunning shot
                And cropped a little off the left and left a little more room to the right if you have it . Well caught though .

Comment

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
                  Looks like it's in training for the bird Olympics.
                  I'm sure these guys must have a battery inside somewhere, Duracell, no doubt ...........
                  There were a few of them and they don't half move, I just picked out one and chased it with the lens.

Originally posted by pelliott1954 View Post
                  Good action capture, slightly dull on my monitor though??

Regards Paul
                  Not fantastic light, but pretty good for round here just lately.

Originally posted by Fallow View Post
                  And cropped a little off the left and left a little more room to the right if you have it . Well caught though .
                  I don't do much photo shopping, most of my shots get a bit of lifting of shadows and maybe sharpening and the most basic bit of cropping, none if I can get away with it, I like to include the environment in as well as the subject matter. Many a time I've been told to crop shots, but I go back to film when you had to creep up to the subject, bit of field craft rather than rely on my computer and it's software.

Comment

Whilst I agree , less P.S is more , now you have so much more control of the enhancement of your images it seems a shame not to show the best your photos have to offer , though I totally understand what your saying .

Comment

Nice action shot but would have lifted the shadows a touch more to bring out a bit more detail in the bird
                      Steve ( LSINWP )
                      1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Working...
                      X