Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registering battery info to EOS DSLRs

Hi all.

On CPN I've seen an instruction on how to register ones batteries in the camera. The article (http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/...eos-1d_mark_iv) states: "If you want to register batteries to your EOS DSLR, you can do so by pressing the info button while viewing the battery info...."

However, when I do this on my Mark IV (pressing INFO button when viewing battery info) the camera instantly jumps back in to the Info screen (displaying current camera settings shutter)

Anybody knows how to register the battery with the camera?

BR
    Michael

Re: Registering battery info to EOS DSLRs

It's not something I have ever felt the need to do, because I swap batteries around between my MKIII and MKIV.

I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

However, when I do this on my Mark IV (pressing INFO button when viewing battery info) the camera instantly jumps back in to the Info screen (displaying current camera settings shutter)
      That also happens to me. TBH I thought you could only register the batteries for the 7D and 5D MKII as the battery these use has a chip in it.

Comment

Hi Glenn - you may be right. I just got interested as the tip was also tagged "Mark IV".

Br
        Michael

Comment

What is the advantage of registering a battery ?
          Trev

Comment

Errrrrrrrrrrr ...................... as above .............. what is the point?
            Cheers Mark

www.ms-photo.co.uk

Comment

My intension was to keep track of number of recharge and discharges of my batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by vonRasmussen View Post
                Hi Glenn - you may be right. I just got interested as the tip was also tagged "Mark IV".
                Yes I saw the tag. Nice to know that Canon know their products inside and out, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by vonRasmussen View Post
                  My intension was to keep track of number of recharge and discharges of my batteries.
                  Fair enough ........... but you could just count how many times you charge it maybe?
                  Cheers Mark

www.ms-photo.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X