Arca Swiss Lens Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arca Swiss Lens Plate

Having recently purchased a Lensmaster Gimbal , i've been looking around for an extra A/S plate of a decent length (80-100mm) , i've had a look around and they are either ridiculously cheap on Amazon (always wary of them cheap makes ) or getting on expensive . One i've found mid priced is by triopo at about £27 and 99mm long .
    Does anyone have a recommendation for one ?
    Last edited by Gordon_H; 01-03-2017, 08:59.
    Canon Eos 5D Mark IV + EF 16-35 L MkII + Tamron 24-70 DI VC USD G2 + Sigma 150-600 DG OS HSM S
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60783975@N03/

Re: Arca Swiss Lens Plate

I just bought a medium format one to go on the bottom of my panoramic set up to mount it on my tripod ( as it is wider than normal ) and that is made by Sunwayfoto, seems ok, looking at their pano head to mount on it as well, which will probably be Sunwayfoto or Benro. My lens ones tend to be Wimberley, Kirk or Really Right Stuff, which are up at the top of the range. I must admit the Lensmaster is one that tempts me, have you contacted them and asked a price for some of their plates?
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Other I would look at and they are on Ebay and have a EU website, they are Feisol, I do not have their plate, however I own their Carbon fibre Monopod and also their carbon fibre Tripod and the quality is superb, I also bought their levelling head for my tripod and cannot fault it, they started out manufacturing for other makes, before starting to do their own.
      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Hi Tony ,
        I don't think They sell them separately as in their bumf they say extra plates are available from good photographic shops .

Edit - just noticed a number on the supplied plates , they are made by a company called Desmonds .
        Last edited by Gordon_H; 01-03-2017, 13:47.
        Canon Eos 5D Mark IV + EF 16-35 L MkII + Tamron 24-70 DI VC USD G2 + Sigma 150-600 DG OS HSM S

Comment

most arca type heads/ fittings /plates etc are all made in china these days and there all much of a muchness ,the one i,m now using is 140mm long to fit my sigma sport ,it also has two mounting slots to take a front and back fastening screw and cost me the princely sum of £4 with free delivery via e.bay .
          so whats the difference ,none that i can see except the more expensive ones might have a better paint finish ,but nothing a can of matt or satin black car spray can't cure if needed after a year or so .
          i have standardised all my tripod and monopod fittings to arca type and its a two second job to change from one to the other

here ya go link thing

£4.05 inc del. really no need to spend a fortune on these things you don't gain anything by that
          Last edited by the black fox; 01-03-2017, 14:18.

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
            Thanks for the link, I've been meaning to buy one a bit longer for my lens clamp for a while.
            TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

After much research , i went for some Desmond ones on E-bay , i know i could have saved a few bob with the cheaper makes but after reading a few reviews some of them seem prone to a bit of wobble and knowing my luck.......

Comment

Err how can they wobble ,you screw them up tight ,then tighten the plate . Paid for reviews by people getting freebies .been using my £4 one on a sigma 150-600 sport for over a year with no problems .
                Your money though .LOL

Comment

Working...
                X