Screen Protector For 5D MKIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Protector For 5D MKIII

Can anyone recommend a screen protector for the 5D3 - preferably one that can be removed.

Thanks

Re: Screen Protector For 5D MKIII

There are several advertised on Ebay. I prefer the removal glass ones.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

They're not removable but I use Larmor screen protectors, which are very good.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny48 View Post
        They're not removable but I use Larmor screen protectors, which are very good.

John
        Sorry to differ - but they are removable - I have done it, you just need to start in one corner and be very careful and patient
        John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Originally posted by John Liddle View Post
          Sorry to differ - but they are removable - I have done it, you just need to start in one corner and be very careful and patient
          I'll rephrase it slightly then, 'they're not meant to be removable'. When I positioned mine I got it slightly wrong but was able to gently prise it off and reposition it. I understand you can get protectors that attach to the camera eyepiece and I think they may be what Geoff is referring to.

John

Comment

Can't remember the name of mine but it came with a protector for the main LCD and one for the top plate LCD too.
            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

The glass ones I have on my LCD screens can be removed if necessary. I don't bother with a protector for the top screen. IMH having a protector on your LCD screen shows prospective buyers (when you come to sell it) that the camera has been carefully used. The EOS shop also has LCD protectors for sale.
              Last edited by Nathaniel; 04-03-2017, 23:23.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks to all who have replied - I will most likely be getting the GGS one (also fits over eyepiece).

Comment

I never realised they did them for the eyepiece too, I have the glass ones fitted to the others, I fitted one of canons anti misting eyepieces on mine as the thing used to mist up all the time as I was breathing on it.
                  Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
                  X