Padre Pio's peace centre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Padre Pio's peace centre

Yesterday was a miserable day with rain all day. I also had some visitors with me. So I took them to Padre Pio's Peace Centre in Pantasaph, Holywell, Flintshire. The rain had just stopped which enabled me to take these photos.

IMG_2164 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr

IMG_2162 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr

IMG_2161 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr

IMG_2160 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Padre Pio's peace centre

You were up against it but the first one is very good Nat as there is excellent composition and just enough glow and clarity for him to stand out from the obviously miserable conditions you were working in

Cheers,
    John

Comment

Thanks John. Yes, the weather was awful and I took my G15 as my "go anywhere" camera. I must wait for a good day with blue skies and take my 6D with me. I have discovered that there is more to this Friary than what I knew i.e stations of the cross-up a hillside and at the top you have Calvary etc.

P.S I hope I have managed the "whites" OK.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

first shot is very nice, and the bad weather I would say made the shot for me
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Looks like you did a great job Nat....I wouldn't have known you'd used a compact....a very capable one in the right hands of course!
          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Nicely done Nat

Tom

Comment

There's something about the 'harshness' of the statue against the softness of the scene, really like it Nat
              Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

First shot great.

Comment

Thanks Ian,Tom, Brian,Lighthouse,Alan for taking a look and commenting. I took my Compact as I was going with friends with no real photography in mind.

Comment

A good set but yes, the first one is a cut above with the muted background emphasizing the rich but delicately handled foreground colours. It's one to print and put on the wall I reckon.

Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Thanks Nigel for taking a look.

Comment

Working...
                      X