Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amsterdam Chic

Amsterdam Chic by Andy Leslie, on Flickr

Ladies in Dam Square, Amsterdam, in January.

Canon EOS 7D Mark II
    EF17-40mm f/4L USM @ƒ/4.0 @40.0 mm
    1/200th ISO 250

I've not been well, so reprocessing some old stuff at the moment.
    See more at www.andyleslie.com and www.facebook.com/AndyLesliePhotography, not to mention https://www.flickr.com/photos/andylesliephotography/

There's birds in them thar hills!

Re: Amsterdam Chic

A lot going on in that shot Andy but as the point of the shot seems to be the two ladies I think it needs a tighter crop to focus the viewer on them rather than what is going on around

Hope you are feeling better now

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
      A lot going on in that shot Andy but as the point of the shot seems to be the two ladies I think it needs a tighter crop to focus the viewer on them rather than what is going on around

Hope you are feeling better now

Stan
      Thnaks, Stan. By not purely focussing on them I hoped to provide a little context. Will think about changing it.
      See more at www.andyleslie.com and www.facebook.com/AndyLesliePhotography, not to mention https://www.flickr.com/photos/andylesliephotography/

Comment

An interesting piece of street photography as there is lots going on but the composition is leading me away from the two ladies and off to the right where little of any real interest lies. That said I don't see a crop working as it would raise the prominence of the two people immediately behind the ladies which I wouldn't find appealing. I think the only way to give them more of a leading role would be to place them more centrally especially as they are a bit tight to the left - is there anything there cropped out that could be reinstated?

Cheers,
        John

PS did you ask why the lady on the left is wearing a dressing gown

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
          PS did you ask why the lady on the left is wearing a dressing gown
          I presumed she was on her way to Tesco!

Comment

Amsterdam Chic

An interesting piece of street photography Andy. If the ladies were more centered in the image, the focus would be on them, and the context would fall to the right and left of them IMO.

Hope you get to feeling better

Tom
            Last edited by tesarver; 08-03-2017, 02:04.

Comment

Apart from the title I'm not getting anything from the picture of the girls or the wider context that it's in Amsterdam.
              TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

I'm quite happy with the background bustle - says city to me though not necessarily Amsterdam as Wayne says. The background folk also add a style counterpoint as they are largely garbed in more ordinary clothing.

What I'm not so keen on is the lack of space to the left - it cramps the lady in the green coat badly and makes the image feel a bit lopsided and left hand heavy.
                Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

The ladies appear to be wearing "bath gowns"! Does have some interest for me- a busy city!
                  Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I agree a more centred composition or more space around might be better...I'd like to see it in landscape.....unless there was something to be specifically excluded the more there is provides more context
                    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Working...
                    X