100D v 5DIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 100D v 5DIII

This one Brian is a whole barrel full of worms ,take for instance my own descicion to swop back to a 10mp body ,I have lost some useful features but gained in others .its always going to be a swings and roundabouts situation and a lot of it comes down to the skills of the end user and also the finances .
    As for your demo shots there's no need to delete them from Flickr ,take them off and reload them as private view only in your Flickr uploader ,you will also have to re.load them to here ,but they won't show on your normal public stream

Comment

What you also pay for with the more expensive cameras is the fact that it will or should work day in, day out. It should take a few knocks. Work
      in the not so good British or inclement climates and still produce the goods. That's what the big bucks you paid for are for and of course the camera should produce that extra magic element in a picture you can gaze at for hours, then drop it in the bin. LOL The old adage stands. "Buy the best glass you can afford" forget about the all singing dancing boxes. Get the best glass. Then you can drop your masterpiece in the bin with a clear conscience.

Comment

All good points thanks Guys...and for the advice re Flickr.
        I'm not going to rush to sell my 5D3 or L glass.....because I'd not commit to any paid work without them (or at least more backup) - I reason that dual card slots and weather sealing are a must to mitigate risk of not providing what the client wants.
        I'm pleased that such good results can be achieved across the range.
        Having tried Olympus Micro four thirds and Fuji APSC...with attractive but less ergonomic bodies....its good to be able to get the best of both worlds with minimal size (100D) and ergonomic layout.
        This should be a great market for Canon directly against the offerings of Olympus, Fuji, Sony etc......shame they market them as 'beginners' cameras because I expect that puts enthusiasts off.
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

I wonder if Canon will ever consider a replacement for the 100D? It's the second oldest model (introduced almost exactly 4 years ago) after the 6D, and there are plenty of rumours of a replacement for the 6D. Maybe they don't want to compete too much with their (more expensive) mirrorless models?
          EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

I think it's a niche ...all the benefits of small with a proper OVF
            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
              I wonder if Canon will ever consider a replacement for the 100D? It's the second oldest model (introduced almost exactly 4 years ago) after the 6D, and there are plenty of rumours of a replacement for the 6D. Maybe they don't want to compete too much with their (more expensive) mirrorless models?
              Seems there is a replacement coming later this year according to Canon Rumors: http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-eos...d-in-2017-cr3/
              Les

Les Cornwell Photography

EOS R, EOS 6D MKII, EOS 100D, EOS50e, RF24-104 F4L, EF17-40 F4L, EF24-70 F2.8L II, EF70-200 F4L IS, EF100-400 F5.6L MKII, EF100 F2.8L IS, EF-S 18-135 STM, EF-S 18-55, GP-E2, 270EX, 430EX II, Kase & Lee filters.

Comment

Working...
              X