Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Preston, Lancashire

Hello all,

Just signed up to this EOS forum as after years of walking round with a Fuji Finepix s6500fd bridge model set to auto, I have finally taken the plunge and decided to buy a "proper" camera and even more importantly decided to learn how to use it without using the green button.
    I have just taken delivery of a Canon 80D with the 18-135mm kit lens and an additional Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM lens for a bit of urban shooting plus the usual accessories to go with it.

If the weather holds I already have a day off from work coming up next Monday and will hope to christen the new beast.

Primary interests are brutalist architecture (Alexandria Road & Barbican Estates for example), landscapes (after many years of walking and having few decent shots to remember) and motorsport (when a decent zoom is eventually procured).

All help, advice and general witterings greatly received.

Regards,
    Ronnie
    Canon 80D \\ Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM \\ Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM \\ Sigma
    35mm F1.4 DG HSM A

Re: Greetings from Preston, Lancashire

Welcome Ronnie, you've come to the right place

Cheers,
    John

Comment

Welcome to the forum Ronnie
      Steve ( LSINWP )
      1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Ah! from good old Preston. Very welcome to the forum. I know Preston very well as I used to work out of my base in Lancs County County council.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Welcome to the forum Ronnie

Tom

Comment

Welcome to the forum Ronnie....looking forward to seeing your work... everyone on here is really helpful and its where i got my dSLR knowledge from (well used the manuals a bit too but you know)
            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Hi Ronnie, and welcome aboard.

Dave
              Dave

Comment

Hia Ronnie,

Welcome to the forum and well done for taking the plunge with the 80D. You won't regret it and once you master the manual settings you will find a whole new aspect to the hobby.

I recently booked an on-line level 1 photography course with Jessops which covered the basics of using a DSLR in manual mode it really helped me to understand how to use the various manual settings. Since then I have been experimenting with various different settings all of which help to improve your understand what your camera can do and how to take better pictures.

I would recommend this course.

Regards

Tony
                Canon EOS 60D; Canon EFS 55-250mm 1:4-5.6 IS; Canon EFS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6; Canon 50mm f1.8; Sigma 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3; Canon Speedlite 270EX; Photoolex Speedlite M800C: Various Hoya Filters; PaintShop Pro X9 Ultimate

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pipebender74/

Comment

Welcome to the madhouse Ronnie - I have found lots of friendly guidance and suggestions here - it is a good place.
                  John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

and a welcome from me, lots of positive help on here,

Comment

Hi Ronnie, welcome
                      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Welcome to the forum, now get out and shoot some photos

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X