Mold, Flintshire UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mold, Flintshire UK

Wonderful light this lunchtime....managed to get these with the 100D and 24mm f2.8STM

_MG_9997.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

_MG_0011.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr
    Last edited by @imagesBV; 09-03-2017, 20:12.
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Re: Mold, Flintshire UK

Oh I say ,you could at least have popped in for a coffee ,I,m only just down the road 5 miles away

Comment

Great light as you say and some nice composition The verticals need a tweak but I'm more concerned about quite a lot of curvature in the first. Have you done any lens corrections in LR for this? I hope not as I've pretty much convinced myself that I'm going to buy a 100D and I have 28 f2.8 that I see myself using to keep the size down.

Hang on... ah, I see you were using a 24mm f2.8. Not sure though what, if any, difference that makes other than I don't have one of those lenses - yet

Cheers,
      John

Comment

Thanks John...I've switched the lens correction on now in LR....hopefully these auto-refresh now.

24mm STM of course not 28mm
        Last edited by @imagesBV; 09-03-2017, 20:48.
        Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

If only I'd known Jeff...I was visiting Mold for the day for an audit I had to do....managed a shot for the monthly competition at Bangor on Dee on the way back.
          Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
            Thanks John...I've switched the lens correction on now in LR....hopefully these auto-refresh now.
            Hmm, not seeing any difference

Cheers,
            John

Comment

any better....copied link again since refreshing ...they certainly changed in LR
              _MG_0011.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr

_MG_9997.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr
              Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Nice set Brian

Tom

Comment

Nice set Brian. Yes, the first one needs a bit of a tweak to sort out the verticals. Always a problem with WA lenses in particular.The images are quite sharp.
                  Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I do like the first shot, well done
                    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks Tom, Nat Ian..
                      I always have trouble with tall verticals...my mind tells me that there should be a little bit of tilt...
                      Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

It's really tricky to get verticals correct. I've been trying on my local church but even at 16mm (full frame) I just can't get far enough away to get it in without tilting the camera. I guess that's why pro architectural photographers splash out on the TS-E lenses, and spend a lot of time setting them up perfectly.
                        EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

I too very often have problems with my verticals. I find it is better to take the pic from a little distance so that there is "space" at the top to correct tilting verticals.
                          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Nat,
                            Yes, I hoped to do that with our church, unfortunately there are some very large (if beautiful) yew trees in the churchyard, as soon as you move away from the building, it disappears behind the trees, Sometimes you just can't win ...............
                            EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

I think if you're gaze is exactly horizontal to the ground then yes all verticals appear absolutely vertical at 90 degrees to the ground...
                              but if you are looking upwards then verticals to your left will appear as leaning from bottom left towards the top centre and visa versa verticals on your right will lean from bottom right towards the top centre.
                              If you consider the vanishing point of your gaze then this is correct...I think...
                              So some lean is ok
                              Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Working...
                              X