Hello from Carmarthen, west Wales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Carmarthen, west Wales

Been playing table tennis and taking photographs for over 49years. Started on computers in 1981 with a ZX81 through Commodore 64, Amiga 500, Amiga One and various PC's. Now on Pc's, tablets and phone. Worked in shops and offices, local councils, social care, Welsh Assembly, public and private business'.

As to my cameras, I started with a cheap 128 (modern [then] box browne) with a flash that you pulled out and rotated to give you a reflector. All I could afford in those days! My next Camera was a Zenith 35mm and I started developing my own shots. I was in a youth club at the time and they build a darkroom in a spare cupboard. Great! I get to photograph all the club's activities and use the darkroom for free. I progressed to two Zeniths, multiple lens' and started taking wedding photographs. My first commission was a drunk Scot's man (there are many other drunks as well he just happened to be Scottish) who overheard me in a pub and asked me to photograph his daughters wedding - the next day! All good experience.

By then I had my own darkroom at home or rather a setup that took over the bathroom - after everyone in the house was asked to go to the loo now or suffer. Well received black and white photographs taken back to Scotland the next day. On my way!

After that I moved up to Praktica and had to get all new prime lens' - zoom lens were a novelty in those days (around 1969).

After a long period with Praktica I moved over to a Canon and ended up with a Canon EOS 30 - focus via the movement of your eye within the eye piece - great. Still undertaking weddings and sticking with film as digital was really in its infancy. However once I tried the EOS 10D I was smitten and the darkroom went in the attic (still there). When the 5D came out I moved up and carried on taking weddings to pay for all the new equipment. By now my son was into photography so he wanted my cast offs. So, 10D - 5D - 5D MkII - 5D MkIII and now the 5D MkIV.

He's got the 5D MkIII, the 5D MkII is sitting on the side and we put the 5D in part-x for the 5D MkIV.

I have a 17-41mm (L series); 24-105mm (L Series), 100mm Macro (L Series); 40mm Pancake and just treated myself to a 100-400mm MkII (L Series) by putting my 100-400mm MkI in for part-x.

Will photograph anything. Just like using the camera and playing with Lightroom and Photoshop on a PC (Windows - spit, spit, spit). You can see some of my shots on flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/staneastwood/albums

Hopefully, I can contribute to the Forum in some way and look forward to the experience.
    Stan Eastwood.

Canon 5D MkIV; EF 24-105mm Zoom 1:4 L IS USM; EF 17-40mm Zoom 1:4 L USM; EF 100mm MACRO 1:2.8 L IS USM; 40mm Pancake; 100-400mm Zoom 1:4.5-5.6 L IS II USM; 580EXII Flash; BG-E20RC Battery Grip; Teleplus 2X Converter; Tamrac Expedition 5 Backpack.
    Lightroom; Photoshop

Re: Hello from Carmarthen, west Wales

Welcome to the Forum Stan. Have looked at your Flickr pics and they are lovely. I am sure the members could learn quite a lot from you.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Had a look at some of your photos, you are very accomplished.

Tom

Comment

Hi Nathaniel. Thank you for those kind comments.

Stan The Second (as I notice there is already a Stan on the site).
        Stan Eastwood.

Canon 5D MkIV; EF 24-105mm Zoom 1:4 L IS USM; EF 17-40mm Zoom 1:4 L USM; EF 100mm MACRO 1:2.8 L IS USM; 40mm Pancake; 100-400mm Zoom 1:4.5-5.6 L IS II USM; 580EXII Flash; BG-E20RC Battery Grip; Teleplus 2X Converter; Tamrac Expedition 5 Backpack.
        Lightroom; Photoshop

Comment

Blimey, I will be getting a big head at this rate.

That said I don't know how to join a group yet so I can't be that good!

Stan The Second.
          Stan Eastwood.

Lightroom; Photoshop

Comment

Welcome Stan the Second!
            John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Welcome Stan.....I like your flickr site.
              Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thanks Brian and John. I am busy working my way through the forum backlogs - so much to read.

Stan The Second.
                Stan Eastwood.

Lightroom; Photoshop

Comment

Hi Stan and welcome.

Bill.
                  7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Welcome from Swansea, Stan
                    Spend most of my spare time loitering around the castles of Carmarthenshire and further West.
                    Peter

Canon EOS 350D - Canon 18-55mm, Canon 75-300mm, Cullmann Tripod,
                    Fiji Finepix S1800

https://www.flickr.com/photos/red_snapper_68/

Comment

Welcome and enjoy.

Comment

Welcome Stan , its a good forum and I am sure you will enjoy it and add value
                        Steve ( LSINWP )
                        1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Thanks Bill and Red Snapper. May meet you on the road Red! I here there and every where (LOL) ?

Stan The Second
                          Stan Eastwood.

Lightroom; Photoshop

Comment

welcome Stan (2).

you are close to my stomping ground near pembrey . may well bump into each other or have done looking at your brief cv, WAG.

checked out a lot of your flckr shots, amazing you have so many Scotland shots of the places I have been, I really like your Falkirk wheel, what a brilliant piece of engineering, my shots not a patch on yours. My other half from Scotland and have lived there on the east coast and north coast.
                            Last edited by haydnj; 14-03-2017, 23:45.

Comment

Welcome stan

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X