Bean Rock Lighthouse Auckland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bean Rock Lighthouse Auckland

Whilst we were in Auckland getting over the twenty eight hours of flights/transfers from the UK, we decided to take a cruise around the harbour. As you will see it was an overcast day and we were lulled into a false sense of security, going out without putting on any sun block, a big mistake!.

This image was taken from the deck of a catamaran, looking back across the bay to Auckland City. Whilst the lighthouse looks like a nice place to work I doubt the people who did work there would have had to brave some stormy weather. The lighthouse was first lit in July 1871, but has been automated since 1912. The structure was renovated in the 1980's and is now classed as an historic place.

Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Re: Bean Rock Lighthouse Auckland

that over cast day gave you a cracking sky and a great shot - very nice
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
      that over cast day gave you a cracking sky and a great shot - very nice
      Thanks Ian, it also gave me sunburnt arms which eventually peeled and a red face a combination of no sun cream, a cooling breeze that disguised the heat of the sun on an overcast day.
      I think I've got some images from the harbour cruise of a girl bungy jumping off the harbour bridge that will need to be processed sometime.
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

A nice composition of an intereresting structure and a stunning skyline with good clouds

Cheers,
        John

Comment

Nice shot, really like how you have placed the Lighthouse, though I would have cloned out that red topped thing, I find it a bit distracting

Regards Paul

Comment

The composition works very well for this image. Paul

Tom

Comment

I agree with above. Very nice composition and a all round good shot. Shame about the sunburn/wind burn!

Stan(II)
              Stan Eastwood.

Canon 5D MkIV; EF 24-105mm Zoom 1:4 L IS USM; EF 17-40mm Zoom 1:4 L USM; EF 100mm MACRO 1:2.8 L IS USM; 40mm Pancake; 100-400mm Zoom 1:4.5-5.6 L IS II USM; 580EXII Flash; BG-E20RC Battery Grip; Teleplus 2X Converter; Tamrac Expedition 5 Backpack.
              Lightroom; Photoshop

Comment

Working...
              X