pixys payment received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pixys payment received

there ya go lads its definitely not a scam .i have to admit i had my doubts but i have tonight received a payment of 234.00 euros for the theft of one of my photos .all business successfully done and the money now resides in my bank .

yep its a bit of a kerfuffal going through your pics but well worth the effort .and i still have others going through .

Re: pixys payment received

That's great and must feel good to get something back.
    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

I wonder how much you would have asked for if the people who used it had approached you for permission in the first place? They might have got it cheaper. I expect they had to pay a fee to Pixsys as well.
      EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

nice result Jeff
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
          I wonder how much you would have asked for if the people who used it had approached you for permission in the first place? They might have got it cheaper. I expect they had to pay a fee to Pixsys as well.
          not as much as they have paid me and obviously there not working for nothing either !!.makes you wonder how much our work is really worth .

Comment

Nice one, Jeff. Whist I think I'd actually feel a bit flattered (at least initially) if someone deemed one of my photos worthy of nicking for their own use, I've just set up an account with Pixsy. I don't currently have that many photos on Flickr (still <500) but at least Pixsy should be on the case from now on.
            Chris
            80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Originally posted by ctrollen View Post
              Nice one, Jeff. Whist I think I'd actually feel a bit flattered (at least initially) if someone deemed one of my photos worthy of nicking for their own use, I've just set up an account with Pixsy. I don't currently have that many photos on Flickr (still <500) but at least Pixsy should be on the case from now on.
              TBH chris it totally stunned me how many of mine have been used and abused .stuff i personally wouldn't think worth bothering about .it does take time to go through the matches and a lot they can't action but i went through and found some new ones this morning to add to the list.there are at least 30 pages of matches some shots are obviously not mine but others are.
              i would have been quite happy with 10 or 20 quid per pic never ever expected a couple of hundred for one photo
              Last edited by the black fox; 17-03-2017, 11:58.

Comment

never ever expected a couple of hundred for one photo
                maybe go towards the new Sigma, if it looks good at the show
                EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

found the original...makes sense now...
                  Last edited by @imagesBV; 17-03-2017, 22:18.
                  Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

well done Jeff, I was once told when complaining about a price for work Quote "It's not the actual amount of work or time spent on it, but the worth of a lifetimes knowledge and expertise"

You have done well. stick with it.

Comment

Obviously stolen from elsewhere:

A giant ship engine failed. The ship’s owners tried one expert after another, but none of them could figure but how to fix the engine.

Then they brought in an old man who had been fixing ships since he was a young. He carried a large bag of tools with him, and when he arrived, he immediately went to work. He inspected the engine very carefully, top to bottom.

Two of the ship’s owners were there, watching this man, hoping he would know what to do. After looking things over, the old man reached into his bag and pulled out a small hammer. He gently tapped something. Instantly, the engine lurched into life. He carefully put his hammer away. The engine was fixed!

A week later, the owners received a bill from the old man for £10000

“What?!” the owners exclaimed. “He hardly did anything!”

So they wrote the old man a note saying, “Please send us an itemized bill.”

The man sent a bill that read:

Tapping with a hammer…£1.00
                      Knowing where to tap…£9999.00
                      Chris
                      80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
                        What was this....sale as micro stock....or a claim against unauthorised publication?
                        Sorry I'm late to this thread....looks interesting...cant find previous thread...
                        It's something I signed up to last year Brian ,you allow them access to you photo hosting sites and they search out Anywhere on the web that your images have been used they then give you the option over issuing a take down notice or them pursuing legal action letters on your behalf ,I must admit I was dubious as we all know these things can if done as a individual drag on for years .

Last nights first payment of a couple of hundred pounds for just one photo theft has proved that they actually know what there doing and are more than just a pipe dream .

Comment

Originally posted by ctrollen View Post
                          Obviously stolen from elsewhere:

A giant ship engine failed. The ship’s owners tried one expert after another, but none of them could figure but how to fix the engine.

Then they brought in an old man who had been fixing ships since he was a young. He carried a large bag of tools with him, and when he arrived, he immediately went to work. He inspected the engine very carefully, top to bottom.

Two of the ship’s owners were there, watching this man, hoping he would know what to do. After looking things over, the old man reached into his bag and pulled out a small hammer. He gently tapped something. Instantly, the engine lurched into life. He carefully put his hammer away. The engine was fixed!

A week later, the owners received a bill from the old man for £10000

“What?!” the owners exclaimed. “He hardly did anything!”

So they wrote the old man a note saying, “Please send us an itemized bill.”

The man sent a bill that read:

Tapping with a hammer…£1.00
                          Knowing where to tap…£9999.00
                          I was that man!

Comment

Hmmm...methinks their algorithm might need a tweak

match.JPG
                            Chris

Comment

Jeff, I have quite a lot of matches from my flickr pics but have not had to time to go through all of them. I am also not sure how to go about checking these otherthan an email from Pixsy's to say that they have found matches. They also go a long way back. I will have to come over to your place for some lessons. Let me know how you are fixed generally. Furthermore, I am also recovering slowly from my recent health issue/scare!
                              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
                              X