Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has 'Uploading via Flickr' been sorted yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has 'Uploading via Flickr' been sorted yet?

I am new to the Forum and one of the things I find I have not cracked is uploading images. I know a simple link to an image can be placed with a small file. I know too, that much discussion has gone on about BBCode and HTML. However, what I could not find was a definitive description of how to successfully upload from Flickr so everyone had a chance to see a reasonable sized image without overburdening the EOS Server.

The description given by djguk48 was started in 2010 but stubbornly stays stuck to the top of the list in the 'How to post a images to Forum' thread. Swanny48 uploaded as an answer to this but did not say 'how' he did it.

So I have experimented in Flickr. I have found that if I choose download and try to link any of the sizes on offer they are all rejected by the Forum unless they are very small, such as I one of the Bishop's Palace in Wells which [should] be linked to this post.

The full image is at: https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3829/3...4cd207ae_o.jpg

Now, can some of you learned wizards help a 68 year old work this out. Where are the definitive instructions for uploading a Flickr image on to the Forum.

Many thanks.

Stan(II) [Shorter than 'Stan the Second' - so I will use Stan(II) in future posts).
    Attached Files
    Stan Eastwood.

Canon 5D MkIV; EF 24-105mm Zoom 1:4 L IS USM; EF 17-40mm Zoom 1:4 L USM; EF 100mm MACRO 1:2.8 L IS USM; 40mm Pancake; 100-400mm Zoom 1:4.5-5.6 L IS II USM; 580EXII Flash; BG-E20RC Battery Grip; Teleplus 2X Converter; Tamrac Expedition 5 Backpack.
    Lightroom; Photoshop

Re: Has 'Uploading via Flickr' been sorted yet?

I only on my phone right now but to upload from Flickr just click on the share link then choose BBC and select size . Max 800 . Then copy code and just paste it within the thread
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Hi Tigger, Thanks for your assistance. My problem is that there is no link to a BBCode anywhere on the page I view (ie. choose download/all sizes) and look at the various options available. I can right click on the image and choose 'Inspect', and pinch the code from the new window. Or, I can right click image and choose 'Properties' which gives me the same URL. Trouble is, if I paste this into the image uploader it just reports the image as too large.

This link is from the 'Properties' of an image: https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2901/3...f95f8882_c.jpg

Lets see if this works.

Stan(II)
      Stan Eastwood.

Canon 5D MkIV; EF 24-105mm Zoom 1:4 L IS USM; EF 17-40mm Zoom 1:4 L USM; EF 100mm MACRO 1:2.8 L IS USM; 40mm Pancake; 100-400mm Zoom 1:4.5-5.6 L IS II USM; 580EXII Flash; BG-E20RC Battery Grip; Teleplus 2X Converter; Tamrac Expedition 5 Backpack.
      Lightroom; Photoshop

Comment

Are you on Flickr via a laptop/pc? As tablets and phones don't seem to give the BB code

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, well, well. That time I did not try to put the code in via the 'Upload Photos' on the Personal Album page, or 'Manage Upload' via a new thread. This one came up using the code from 'Inspect' Element, placing the code in the post and then adding [img] to the front and [/img] to the rear of the code. But...... it does not link to Flickr when you click on the image in the posted 'post' - unlike some of the ones I am seeing on the Forum.

At least the pasted link works.

I am on a desktop, and I have tried to find this 'BBCode' using both Chrome (which is my normal browser) and IE.

Cheers,

Stan(II)
          Stan Eastwood.

Lightroom; Photoshop

Comment

Can be done from a tablet but you need to sign into the site and not use the app. Still a bit of a faff though.

If on PC/laptop select the image you want to share then bottom right click the curved arrow (share) this panel should pop upshare.jpg

Click where it says BBCode, choose size
            Copy the text in the box and paste into your post.
            Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Just done with this image with these steps
              7D2-4 by tblake2007, on Flickr
              Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS

Comment

Well flipping heck; to date I have been using the download icon (following the instructions in the post on 'Uploading to Flickr'. Following your instructions the BBCode became instantly available. How stupid of me!

This is a shot off Flickr using its BBCode:

The Lost Gardens of Heligan, Pentewan, St.Austell, Cornwall, PL26 6EN 2nd visit to this gardens. Day was overcast with occasional rain. Well worth a visit if you are in the area. More general photographs at www.flickr.com/photos/staneastwood/sets

Hope that's worked.

Stan(II)
                Stan Eastwood.

Lightroom; Photoshop

Comment

OK so the link worked as far as presenting a link and allowing it to go direct to the designated Flickr site but the image did not display.

So, trying again with BBCode placed either side:

What do we get now?

Stan(II)
                  Stan Eastwood.

Lightroom; Photoshop

Comment

Ummmm! Something still not right. Followed the instructions and fond the BBCode link (at least that's what I am assuming it is).

I pasted it to the post - i.e. I copied the link and on a new line in the post I pasted the copied link.

But in my post only the link showed. It does got to the correct Flickr site so that's an improvement but yours (antoeknee) both displays correctly and acts as a link. What have I missed?

Stan(II)
                    Stan Eastwood.

Lightroom; Photoshop

Comment

OK. So here's another try:

Photo is from my Flickr site and should show a flower close up.

SCE_8087 by Stanley Eastwood, on Flickr

Hope this works.

Stan(II)
                      Stan Eastwood.

Lightroom; Photoshop

Comment

Ah ha!

It worked. Sorry Antoeknee, I picked up the wrong BBCode (forgot to click on BBCode link). But at least it now works.

Many, many thanks for your assistance.

Stan(II)
                        Stan Eastwood.

Lightroom; Photoshop

Comment

Glad you got that sorted out Stan.
                          Peter

Feel free to browse my
                          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by StanEastwood View Post
                            Ah ha!

It worked. Sorry Antoeknee, I picked up the wrong BBCode (forgot to click on BBCode link). But at least it now works.

Many, many thanks for your assistance.

Stan(II)
                            No problem. You're not the first to struggle with this but once you know it seems quite obvious.

Comment

Very glad you are now sorted!! Hope to see your pictures soon.
                              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
                              X