Wookey Hole!! Wells, Somerset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wookey Hole!! Wells, Somerset

Not sure where to put this one but it doesn't fit landscape. Hope you don't mind it ending up here. If you want to try something with high ISO and no natural light then try a cave of some sort.

Got this one inside Wookey Hole, Wells, Somerset and I suspect its been shot many times. Still at 32000 ISO and no flash I am still rather pleased with the result. Whilst they said no flash nor light clearly they (the owners) had to have lights down there for the plebs (visitors) and many of them were coloured. Not sure if this was for effect - which worked - or whether the coloured lights were good for the bats. Interestingly where they did have white light they had plants growing underground - but, I suspect, not of their choosing.

MK4_1273 by Stanley Eastwood, on Flickr

Stan(II)
    Stan Eastwood.

Canon 5D MkIV; EF 24-105mm Zoom 1:4 L IS USM; EF 17-40mm Zoom 1:4 L USM; EF 100mm MACRO 1:2.8 L IS USM; 40mm Pancake; 100-400mm Zoom 1:4.5-5.6 L IS II USM; 580EXII Flash; BG-E20RC Battery Grip; Teleplus 2X Converter; Tamrac Expedition 5 Backpack.
    Lightroom; Photoshop

Re: Wookey Hole!! Wells, Somerset

Well taken Stan

Tom

Comment

Nice image...I think....could be the tongue of a not too well reptile.
      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

You could be right about the tongue although it can't be as bad as what 'err indoors' gives me when I have been on the computer too long or waited too long to take a shot because 'someone is in the way'!

Thank you both for your comments.

Stan(II)
        Stan Eastwood.

Canon 5D MkIV; EF 24-105mm Zoom 1:4 L IS USM; EF 17-40mm Zoom 1:4 L USM; EF 100mm MACRO 1:2.8 L IS USM; 40mm Pancake; 100-400mm Zoom 1:4.5-5.6 L IS II USM; 580EXII Flash; BG-E20RC Battery Grip; Teleplus 2X Converter; Tamrac Expedition 5 Backpack.
        Lightroom; Photoshop

Comment

Nice idea, centre portion reminds me of a dogs head viewed from behind!

Comment

Working...
          X