Glencoe from across Loch Leven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Glencoe from across Loch Leven

Thanks folks I appreciate you all looking and giving such positive and encouraging comments

Alex: I did try to do it all in Lightroom but it always seemed to fall short of what I needed hence resorting to PS. Perhaps a little more patience would have prevailed

Cheers,
    John

Comment

Superb, but why do you post in here and not in the main landscape forums??????

And before you say it isn't an EOS, read the heading for the sections

EOS photography Threads / Posts Last Post

Photographic technique. Post photos here if you have a question regarding the photo and use the Photo Album option on your user profile for displaying your best work.
      And the one this forum is in and you are posting photos in

EOS system Threads / Posts Last Post

Questions and comments about equipment and technology.
      therefore the pictures should be with all the other Canon images.... not complaining, I just think posting them in here makes those that have such cameras appear like second class citizens, when in fact they produce excellent work and unless you knew and read the EXIF you would be unaware what camera was used.
      Last edited by TonyT; 23-03-2017, 13:00.
      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Thanks Tony, I'm glad you like the image.

I really couldn't agree with you more and I have read the posting rules in the same manner although 'the management' say otherwise yet common sense would decree - and it has been argued here before - that a photograph should be judged on its merits. I do find it disappointing that my Powershot images receive less attention because of the backwater category I have to post them in - I can't believe this is down to a sniffy attitude to compacts but more that people concentrate their attentions on the categories that hold their interest. What must be remembered is that this forum differs from many you will find in that it was created by and in support of a commercial venture: The EOS Magazine and it is they who made the rules - a Powershot is apparently NOT an EOS (despite 'EOS' being an acronym for 'Electro-Optical System' and, surely, a Powershot employs an 'electro-optical system) therefore it is banished from the main groups irrespective of image quality.

Harrumph!

Cheers,
        John

Comment

Working...
        X