World War 1 aircraft at Stowe Maris Air Show - Sept 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World War 1 aircraft at Stowe Maris Air Show - Sept 2016

Maybe a little late for these but as a recent new member I am having to try to catch up with a lot of good 'stuff'.

I took these at Stowe Maris on a very overcast day so a lot of the shots on Flickr have either blown or no sky. Still, some are not too bad.

The shots in the air were with a Canon 5D MkIII along with a 100mm-400mm L IS USM MkI

Comments are/will be gratefully accepted.

WWI bomber - Royal Aircraft Factory BE-2e replica C/N 752:
    Royal Aircraft Factory BE-2e replica C/N 752 (A'2767) at Stow Maries Sept 2016 by Stanley Eastwood, on Flickr

Royal Aircraft Factory BE-2e replica C/N 752 (A'2767) at Stow Maries Sept 2016 by Stanley Eastwood, on Flickr

Three Tiger Month's in a display format:
    SCE_1422 by Stanley Eastwood, on Flickr

N6377 Sopwith F1 Camel:
    SCE_1672 by Stanley Eastwood, on Flickr

K8303 Isaacs Fury (7/10th replica of a Hawker Fury)
    SCE_1747 by Stanley Eastwood, on Flickr

Cheers,

Stan(II)
    Stan Eastwood.

Canon 5D MkIV; EF 24-105mm Zoom 1:4 L IS USM; EF 17-40mm Zoom 1:4 L USM; EF 100mm MACRO 1:2.8 L IS USM; 40mm Pancake; 100-400mm Zoom 1:4.5-5.6 L IS II USM; 580EXII Flash; BG-E20RC Battery Grip; Teleplus 2X Converter; Tamrac Expedition 5 Backpack.
    Lightroom; Photoshop

Re: World War 1 aircraft at Stowe Maris Air Show - Sept 2016

the star of the show is number 1 & 3 its just a shame you've not got any movement in the props on 3 - maybe some PS playing?
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Hi Ian, thanks for that. Yes shame but they were turning - honest! I will see what I can do.

Cheers,

Stan(II)
      Stan Eastwood.

Canon 5D MkIV; EF 24-105mm Zoom 1:4 L IS USM; EF 17-40mm Zoom 1:4 L USM; EF 100mm MACRO 1:2.8 L IS USM; 40mm Pancake; 100-400mm Zoom 1:4.5-5.6 L IS II USM; 580EXII Flash; BG-E20RC Battery Grip; Teleplus 2X Converter; Tamrac Expedition 5 Backpack.
      Lightroom; Photoshop

Comment

A very good set overall, each one very different with pros and cons, 1 is too tight in the frame overall and has a nearly static prop but is nice and sharp bearing in mind the poor light, 2 has got beautiful light and is well sharp enough to be cropped to make it so it's not in the middle of the frame, prop again is too static, 3 would be good apart from the static props, 4 is the pick of the bunch for me, lovely and sharp, nice angle too, prop has enough to show movement, only problem is that it's flying out of the frame, with aircraft always leave more room at the front than the back, 'room to fly into' is the saying, (exception to that rule is if aircraft are trailing smoke) 5 is really nice too, an interesting angle and good prop blur, sadly again flying out of the frame.

I hope you don't mind the critique, if you have some room around on the originals, have a go at recropping and post them again.

Regards Paul

Comment

Very nice set

Tom

Comment

Many thanks for the comments. Will look at doing something about the 'static' props and reposition the singles to give more room to exit. Thanks for the assistance. Believe it or not but that set was my first airshow and I'm 67.

Cheers,

Stan(II)
            Stan Eastwood.

Lightroom; Photoshop

Comment

If this is your First go at Aircraft it makes them even better!

Regards Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pelliott1954 View Post
                If this is your First go at Aircraft it makes them even better!

Regards Paul
                agree well done and far better than anything I've got
                :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Working...
                X