Chapter House, Westminster Abbey, London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter House, Westminster Abbey, London

I think this came out quite well, especially as it was really quite dark in there (about EV8), all opinions welcome:

BTW an interesting thing about bracketing on my Canon 5Dsr, if you are above base ISO then for the dark image it turns the ISO down rather than the shutter speed up, hence I had:
    1/80 f8 ISO 400
    1/80 f8 ISO 100
    1/20 f8 ISO 400
    Last edited by DrJon; 31-03-2017, 15:42.

Re: Chapter House, Westminster Abbey, London

That must have taken a lot of shots and some serious processing power!
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Wow, nicely done

Tom

Comment

Superb, the 5DSR is on my radar Now I just need to save up
        Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

DrJon, as spectacular a panoramic/panorama (what do you call them?) as we have come used to from you, but with even more fine detail. Wonderful.
          Canon EOS 7D
          EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
          Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
          flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Well done Dr Jon, amazing detail across all of the image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Peter

Feel free to browse my
            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I actually posted two panoramas today, this one which I shot yesterday and one I've been sitting on for ages as it soaked up a huge amount of time and still wasn't done (rather annoyingly I was much closer to finishing than I realised). The Photoshop file for this one is 645MB which isn't so bad compared to the 1.8GB for the other one (on the Millennium Bridge - http://www.viewat.org/?i=en&id_aut=7...1&pag=1&sec=pn - took forever), but I still did run out of memory a few times as I was doing too much in parallel (that's with 32GB). I was also up to 1.30am working on it before I decided to get some sleep, which was a good idea as I tried something new this morning that worked well.

I'm very happy everyone likes it. Thanks for the kind comments (criticism is fine too).
              Last edited by DrJon; 29-03-2017, 20:09.

Comment

Another cracker, you slipped that one in and I nearly missed it.
                Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

That is some very, very nice work and your commitment to your art is commendable

Cheers,
                  John

Comment

Working...
                  X