Camera Shutter Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera Shutter Count

My wife has upgraded her camera and wants to sell her EOS1100D.

What is the best way to get an accurate reading of the ‘shutter count’?

I uploaded a photo to www.camerashuttercount.com but the results came back as ‘Your camera doesn't add shutter count information to images’.
    Colin

Colin Wallace Photography

Canon 5D MKIII / 24-105L F4 USM IS / 70-300L F4 USM IS

Re: Camera Shutter Count

Depends how old it is ,canon disabled shutter count ability all cameras made after Jan 2015 or there about,not totally certain on the date,but it something I ran into when selling the eighty D

Comment

Ahhh didn't know that, rather a daft situation
      Last edited by TonyT; 01-04-2017, 20:06.
      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

ShutterCount from Dire Studio is compatible with the EOS 1100D. It costs $2 or $3 depending on your computer operating system. Once purchased, you can use it indefinitely for all compatible EOS cameras. Further details are available at:

As the black fox says, recent cameras are not compatible. Dire Studio says:
        "There are technical limitations that prevent us from supporting some cameras:
        - Older 1-series Canons (such as the 1D Mark III and 1Ds Mark III) do not provide shutter count information through the USB port.
        - Pre-DIGIC III Canon cameras do not provide shutter count information through the USB port. (Check out this Wikipedia page to see which chip is used by a given camera.)
        - The EOS M operates in mass storage mode only, and does not allow PTP remote control (which is needed for the reading).
        - The EOS-1D X Mark II, EOS 5DS, 5DS R, 80D, 750D / Rebel T6i / Kiss X8i and 760D / Rebel T6s / 8000D cameras do not provide shutter count information. It seems that Canon has removed the shutter count functionality from the remote control interface."
        Robert
        robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Thanks for your replies, all sorted now.
          Colin

Colin Wallace Photography

Canon 5D MKIII / 24-105L F4 USM IS / 70-300L F4 USM IS

Comment

Working...
          X