• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Framlingham Castle

Simple two image, helped by the nice weather

Framlingham by Stackman1, on Flickr

Re: Framlingham Castle

That works for me, shame they have some scaffolding up though
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Well done

Tom

Comment

Good composition and decent stab at stitching although the join is clear. In the sky it looks like different exposures while the grass is just strange - what software did you use? Both blemishes should be easy to fix.

Cheers,
        John

Comment

The way round that stackman is set a fixed ISO otherwise the camera adjusts for differing light, I tend to use manual as well.
          Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

John

I used the stitching software that came with the camera. I have checked the originals and both were the same exposure / ISO etc. But I see what you mean. The other version looks better but has people in it.

Is there better software to use? I only recently changed to a DSLR when my T90 started having problems and some of the lens got a fungus!

Thanks Chris

Comment

Hi Chris, what came with your camera is probably Canon's own DPP which will almost certainly not be the current version although current ones are available free to download. That said there may now be a dedicated stitching prog they bundle with their cameras and, again, check for updates. I personally use Photoshop but there is plenty of freeware available that should do a decent job. Prior to using PS I used Serif's Panorama Plus and was generally happy with the results and only went to PS as it integrated better with Lightroom.

Cheers,
              John

Comment

Microsoft's ICE is free too:
                Pushing the limits of what is possible in photography As part of the larger Computer Vision Group, computational photography research explores the power of AI and computer vision, pushing the limits of what is possible by helping people fully and easily utilize technology with innovative photography apps and services. Here are some of the applications […]

Comment

Working...
                X