DIY Ring Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Ring Flash

Hey, I found a " How to make a DIY Ring Flash" and i thought it's a good idea to share it with you guys. So here it is :

First step :

First step and the most important is choosing right tools and of course materials. Speaking about the tools, you only need a good knife and a ruler. The materials are simple and easy to obtain: aluminum tape, cheap plastic bowl, masking tape, black spray paint and a cardboard (you can also try a cereal box).
    diy-ring-flash-materials-and-tools-765x465.jpg

Second step:

The second step is adapting the materials to your needs. The bowl will suffer some modifications; depending on the size of your bowl and your camera. You have to measure the size of the lens and cut a hole in the center of the bowl. This way, the lens can fit through. If the bowl has a wide lip, you have to cut it. Is simply unnecessary, and let’s say unaesthetic. Next up is the sleeve that the lens will fit into. You must to pay attention with the adapter, so it won’t slip on the lens but loose enough. In this way, it will be easy to get on and off.
    cut-a-hole-in-the-center-of-the-bowl-for-your-camera-765x755.jpg

Third step

The next step – third – is to cut 2 strips of cardboard. The width of the first strip should be the height of your bowl. The second strip should be about 1/2″ wider than that. This is how the strips will be long enough to easily wrap around the lens. The adapter is not ready, yet. Take the first strip, the narrower one, and cut it to length. It will fit snugly around the lens. Take the wider strip and cut tabs into it along one edge. You also have to wrap it around the first sleeve and tape it. You should end with one sleeve fitting snugly inside the other. The smaller sleeve will perfectly fit on the lens.
    cut-2-strips-of-cardboard-765x673.jpg

Fourth step

The fourth step is the last one. You have to wrap the outside of the sleeve with aluminum tape. Make sure that is perfectly covered. Besides that, you should also cover the inside of the bowl and tape the tabs down.
    wrap-the-outside-of-the-sleeve-with-aluminum-tape-765x396.jpg

The article was copy-pasted from HERE so i don't own it or anything.
Working...
X