Under the Clock...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under the Clock...

The couple embracing 'under the clock' at St. Pancras has been shot conventionally from the front so many times I wanted something different so went behind them to include as much of the roof as I could. Then converted to mono:

5D3_5766-Edit by John Leah, on Flickr

Cheers,
    John
    Last edited by ColytonJohn; 16-04-2017, 00:01.

Re: Under the Clock...

excellent work and looks good B&W - did you think about removing the big spot lights ?
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks Ian

Yes I did and would have liked to but... while I'm a big fan of the content aware fill tool it can be a bit hit and miss in nadgery situations such as this and the clone stamp tool would perform far better. Better, that is, if I could get it to work as I can seemingly select the clone area but the stamp no longer works. I seem to recall this happened before and whatever action I took resolved it. One of my two brain cells thinks it may have involved a tool reset but can't really remember nor can I imagine why this would be necessary so any ideas?

Cheers,
      John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
        Thanks Ian

Yes I did and would have liked to but... while I'm a big fan of the content aware fill tool it can be a bit hit and miss in nadgery situations such as this and the clone stamp tool would perform far better. Better, that is, if I could get it to work as I can seemingly select the clone area but the stamp no longer works. I seem to recall this happened before and whatever action I took resolved it. One of my two brain cells thinks it may have involved a tool reset but can't really remember nor can I imagine why this would be necessary so any ideas?

Cheers,
        John
        Hi John, first great image; love the POV and PP (all these acronyms ). If you are talking about PS I've had tools disappear of their own accord before - or at least it seems that way. Edit,, Toolbars reset default. can take care of it. The other thing to remember is make sure the active layer is not an adjustment layer before you start trying to clone. Select the top payer then ctl+shift+alt+e key to create a new layer. Then select that new layer to do your cloning. Don't overlook the spot healing brush tool - that may well take care of those lights. Hope that helps.
        - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Thanks Tony

Originally posted by Tony Hawkins View Post
          Don't overlook the spot healing brush tool - that may well take care of those lights.
          Only is they're spot lights ... OK, I'll get me coat

Originally posted by Tony Hawkins View Post
          Hope that helps.
          Yes it did, thanks again

Cheers,
          John

Comment

Lights gone

Cheers,
            John

Comment

much better
              :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Love the BW conversion

Tom

Comment

Good idea, works very well

Regards Paul

Comment

Thanks Ian, Tom and Paul