Sunwayfoto L Bracket for 7D Mark ii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunwayfoto L Bracket for 7D Mark ii

Just wondered if anyone had one of these and could comment on its effectiveness especially does it allow the remote cable to fit through. Unfortunately my budget won't run to a Kirk so looking at less expensive options

All comments appreciated

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Re: Sunwayfoto L Bracket for 7D Mark ii

this L-bracket is great - one consideration There is a notch on the side to allow a shutter release cable to be used. It would be nice it was a bit deep so the plug would be seated in the camera better, but it is usable as is. great price too
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Thanks for that - I guess there's always a reason why it is cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by taxboy View Post
        Thanks for that - I guess there's always a reason why it is cheaper

"There is nothing in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and he who considers price only is that man's lawful prey."
        - John Ruskin
        John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Read this, appears all is well and if needed you can move the bracket side outwards to allow access, I have a similar design on my 1DX by RRS as it allows me to have the GPS module on the side and use the L Bracket to protect it.

Last edited by TonyT; 25-04-2017, 14:59.
          Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyT View Post
            Read this, appears all is well and if needed you can move the bracket side outwards to allow access, I have a similar design on my 1DX by RRS as it allows me to have the GPS module on the side and use the L Bracket to protect it.

http://www.scvphotoideas.com/2015/01...on-eos-7d.html
            Many thanks for this much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by John Liddle View Post
              "There is nothing in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and he who considers price only is that man's lawful prey."
              - John Ruskin
              I wouldn't necessarily disagree with the sentiment but £172 vs £50 fails the little cheaper test to me [emoji4]

Comment

Originally posted by taxboy View Post
                .............. but £172 vs £50 fails the little cheaper test to me [emoji4]

That sort of difference makes it worth the risk!
                John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Sunwayfoto are ok John, I have an arca plate and rail from them, those and Benro plus Markin of course. They have a UK distributor now as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyT View Post
                    Sunwayfoto are ok John, I have an arca plate and rail from them, those and Benro plus Markin of course. They have a UK distributor now as well.
                    I've got a ball head from them and can confirm the quality I just needed a little hand holding on the design [emoji4]

Comment

Yes, I heard their quality has gone up rapidly from their early products, I suppose it is a good sign when all the other cheap versions on ebay say compatible with RRS, KIRK, Markin and of late Sunwayfoto, it sort of says you have arrived as a recognised standard.

Comment

Working...
                      X