Black Rapid Shoulder Strap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Rapid Shoulder Strap

For most of my photographic life I've despised the provided camera neck straps as a) they're uncomfortable, b) make the wearer look like a tourist, c) lean forward, the camera swings and can be damaged and d) the branding shouts 'EXPENSIVE CAMERA HERE PLEASE MUG ME'.

For years, then, I've used a wrist strap as the camera is safely attached and being down by the side quite anonymous. The drawback being you don't have both hands free so need to transfer it back to the bag when shopping, etc.

I found the solution with a Black Rapid Shoulder Strap like this one: < here >. I'd had it for quite a while before actually using it but just a few days walking around London convinced me of just how brilliant it is!

I was able to carry my camera comfortably on the strap hidden by my side, protected beneath my coat, ready to use immediately yet still with both hands free. Yes, highly recommended.

Cheers,
    John

Re: Black Rapid Shoulder Strap

Now you tell me. I've just bought (as in it was delivered today) an OpTech Pro!
    Chris
    80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Originally posted by ctrollen View Post
      Now you tell me. I've just bought (as in it was delivered today) an OpTech Pro!
      You wont be disappointed!
      Garry Macdonald on Flickr
      Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

A must have when using a long lens like the 150-600

Comment

I'm left handed
          Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

I think you find they do a left handed one. I use the Black Rapid Sport Shoulder Strap and agree that they are an excellent strap.
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/47382834@N07/

Chris

Comment

I have two op-tech straps for my two cameras. No problem with weight. Wear it around my neck rather than via the tripod socket.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I am also left handed, but I place it on my left shoulder to hang down on my right side. You have to use a camera right handed, so it is easy to bring up to your eye.
                I have the ladies 'Kick' version. (It almost lifts and separates!) I never get backache when using this strap, nor a hot neck; and I wear it under my backpack straps. Well worth the money.
                Janet

Canon 90D, 77D, Plus a load of lenses, especially macro.
                http://www.leighcameraclub.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                X