A Unique Kind Of Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Unique Kind Of Festival

I visited the Pier 60 Sugar Sand Festival in Clearwater Beach Florida. Here are a few photos from that trip...

Sand Art 01 2017 Pier 60 Sugar Sand Festival Clearwater Beach Florida by Gordon White, on Flickr

Obviously the sand art was the centerpiece...

Wach U Talkin Bout Willis by Gordon White, on Flickr

I haven't done any wildlife work in quite some time. But when this Egret decided to pay me a visit I HAD to take the opportunity...

Ducks In A Row by Gordon White, on Flickr

I saw this photo as we were having lunch at The Sandbar on Clearwater Beach. It made me think about one of my mom's favorite sayings about "...getting your ducks in a row..." (I know, they aren't ducks but the thought was there LOL) and I HAD to take it and tag my mom with it on Facebook!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/23748789@N02/

Re: A Unique Kind Of Festival

Nice set

Tom

Comment

Well worth taking and 'Ducks in a Row' is great (though it might be worth trying to take the curvature out of the horizon).

Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

I think the 'ducks' are Cormorants, but that aside #1 is the best of the set IMO. I saw a big sand-sculpture exhibition in Portugal years ago; the work was fantastic, as is this one
        Cheers;
        Lee
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
        5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
        17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Originally posted by EOS_User View Post
          I think the 'ducks' are Cormorants, but that aside #1 is the best of the set IMO. I saw a big sand-sculpture exhibition in Portugal years ago; the work was fantastic, as is this one
          It won the competition...
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/23748789@N02/

Comment

Very nice set. No. 1 for me also - interesting shot. No. 3 also catches the eye as you move into the picture.

StanII
            Stan Eastwood.

Canon 5D MkIV; EF 24-105mm Zoom 1:4 L IS USM; EF 17-40mm Zoom 1:4 L USM; EF 100mm MACRO 1:2.8 L IS USM; 40mm Pancake; 100-400mm Zoom 1:4.5-5.6 L IS II USM; 580EXII Flash; BG-E20RC Battery Grip; Teleplus 2X Converter; Tamrac Expedition 5 Backpack.
            Lightroom; Photoshop

Comment

Working...
            X