PS Elements 11 - 7D Mk ll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS Elements 11 - 7D Mk ll

I'm unable to process raw CR2 files from my 7D Mk ll using Photoshop Elements 11. I am having to convert the CR2 files to DNG files before processing in PS which is a real pain. CR2 Files from my 50D are no problem.
    Can anyone advise how to fix this please ?

Re: PS Elements 11 - 7D Mk ll

I think you will find that your version of elements was made before the 7d2 was announced ,only way I know of ? Is to upgrade to a later version .i had the same with the 80D had to change to Lightroom cc

Comment

I had a quick google , and I think Jeffs right , looks like elements 14 is the one you need . The latest Canon DPP , is actually a pretty good raw converter now , I been using it and am not disappointed really . Will keep you going till you upgrade elements maybe .

Comment

Hi Black Fox & Fallow,
        Thanks for your reply. I have downloaded the latest version of DPP and yes it works with the CR2 files ok. It doesn't seem long since I bought PS11 so I'm reluctant to pay another £80 for PS15 but I do miss the functionality of PS so might have to bite the bullet soon. Since buying the 7D Mkll I have had to upgrade my CF cards, buy an expensive spare battery and now upgrade PS......it's an expensive hobby !!
        Thanks again for your help.
        John

Comment

While it's a pain to have to use DNG format, I use it because my Fuji X-Pro 2 RAW files are not supported by PhotoShop CS 6, I find it interesting that Adobe provide an updated DNG converter that supports new cameras. Particularly as it means that by using it, people can avoid buying new versions of Adobe software. Considering how many people see Adobe as being almost as evil as Microsoft, doing this seems to be an odd choice for them to make.

Having said that I suppose it's better for Adobe that people carry on using their products than switch to something else...
          EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

I have the same dilemma with my 80D (because I'm too tight-fisted to upgrade at the moment - although that day is fast approaching!). Although the latest DPP supports the 80D, I prefer to use LR(5) & PSE(11) for processing. On playing around, although it's initially a little fiddly, my finding is that converting to DNG and processing in LR/PSE generates a better quality than using DPP to convert to TIFF and then doing the same... Just my two cents; and YES, it IS an expensive hobby
            Cheers;
            Lee
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
            All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
            5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
            17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

There are lots of alternatives out there to buy ,I still prefer aperture 3 for the mac to anything else ,trouble is it's no longer supported .lightroom and p.s cc do the job and also work seamlessly with plug ins ,I tend to use noiseware and nik.efex plug ins extensively these days .but once you have a workflow worked out and I always do a print out to put on the wall next to me in case I get disturbed while processing .i can then pick up on my workflow where I left off .
              The choice is yours ,one thing I do know though is if you keep to a old system when the inevitable time for change comes its a big leap ,if your up to date with the likes of CC then it's just a nudge

Comment

Working...
              X