Challenge nº 129 - CURVES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Challenge nº 129 - CURVES

Competition finishing Sunday night, boys and girls, so I am hoping for some more entries to add to those already in ...
    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

I am working on it :)
      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Originally posted by lunarbo View Post
        Competition finishing Sunday night, boys and girls, so I am hoping for some more entries to add to those already in ...
        I have one in the works but it is going to literally be last minute.
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/23748789@N02/

Comment

Eight pounds by Chris Trollen, on Flickr
          Chris
          80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Bluebells

Teazle Wood bluebells
            by AlexR!, on Flickr
            Canon EOS 7D
            EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
            Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
            flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Cultivate Your Curves by Gordon White, on Flickr
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/23748789@N02/

Comment

Swan neck.

Swan by Tony Taylor, on Flickr
                Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Thanks to all that entered.

The challenge is now closed.

I'll get my Sorting Hat on and get back to you.....

Comment

OK here we go with my thoughts and comments

Tom “The Curve” A dramatic photo, with strong lines leading to the industrial building at the centre and a busy, moody sky. However the Curve in the road /river in itself is not what makes the picture memorable – everything else does.

Daisy “Learning Curve” -This is such a great- and original- idea for which you get big points. It wants more, though, but I’m not sure what…. Maybe a few more books in the curve and/or a school cap in the lower front centre?

John “Two Curvaceous Models” - Two pristine machines, classically and pleasantly composed. I’m seeing lots of circles here and I can’t help but think there’s a missed opportunity. Get close up and unconventional on a curve- say of the bonnet or the mudguard and make the curve dictate the picture

Greg “Curves 1” - This fallen tree was a real find and there’s lots of interest to see. A strong crop would have brought the viewer much more into it

John “Lunar Curve ” - A gorgeous slice of moon, artfully arranged for maximum impact.

Peter- “Curvaceous Greyhound Artwork” - A rather clever sculpture, well lit for the image. Why is he upside down? Sorry to be frivolous but it keeps nagging at me

Chris “Eight Pounds” - A most original idea and a strong unusual image, love it .Would the coin second from the left have been better if it was entire?

Alex R! “Bluebells” You’ve really worked the curve of the stalk here and I love the delicate beauty and deep colour of the flowers. You could put this on the wall or on a greetings card

Gordon “Cultivate your curves “” - I wish she’d been a few paces back- then she’d have somewhere to run into as well as making the most of the curve she was coming round. She’s certainly curvy though!

Tony T “Swan” - Oh that lovely neck. This is one brave image with that backlighting and white feathers and you so-nearly pulled it off. ……..but the whites are unfortunately a bit blown on his neck and back.

Placings.

This was a very close run thing for me and the more I thought about it the harder it got! Well done to all my entrants for having a go and my winners are:

1. Alex- Bluebells. It may be conventional but it’s very very nice!

2. Tony T- Swan. You nearly got the baton handed straight back to you…

3. Chris - Eight Pounds Interesting and different

So Congratulations to Alex and it’s over to you for the next one .

Bo

Comment

Thanks Bo for choosing this challenges subject and for your excellent feedback. Congratulations to Alex, Chris and Tony [emoji106]

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
                      Peter

Feel free to browse my
                      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by lunarbo View Post
                        OK

Peter- “Curvaceous Greyhound Artwork” - A rather clever sculpture, well lit for the image. Why is he upside down? Sorry to be frivolous but it keeps nagging me

Bo
                        First of all he's a she [emoji6]

She's is in that position to make sure she gets her tummy stroked.

Her mother (The artist) created her in that position in recognition of her behaviour. The construction method and materials ( think bendy/springy) doesn't allow her to stand up.

Retired greyhounds enjoy their new found TLC which during their working lives was generally absent. Hence WYSIWYG a greyhound looking for some TLC.

Thanks again for running and judging this challenge.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
                        Peter

Feel free to browse my
                        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thanks Bo, well done to Alex, the minute I saw that shot I knew it would win. Looking forward to the next challenge. Dave

Comment

2nd place.... Woooooohooooooo, I knew it was a risky image as I was shooting into sun, and I realised the whites were blown a bit but I couldn't control that, still onwards and upwards. Well done everyone and congratulation Alex

Comment

I join in thanking Barbara for setting the challenge and for her thoughtful critique of the entries. Congratulations to Chris, Tony T and especially Alex - we look forward to the next adventure!
                              John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

My first podium - wow! I'm especially pleased as that was my first ever go at macro with a new (to me) lens. Thanks for the encouraging comments, Bo.

A very well done to Alex, Tony and all who entered. Looking forward to the next one.
                                Chris
                                80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Working...
                                X