Out with the old, in with the new.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out with the old, in with the new.....

Caught this up in Scotland (same location as Foreboding) and liked the contrast between old and new. What do others think?

Old and new.
    by Stanley Eastwood, on Flickr
    Stan Eastwood.

Canon 5D MkIV; EF 24-105mm Zoom 1:4 L IS USM; EF 17-40mm Zoom 1:4 L USM; EF 100mm MACRO 1:2.8 L IS USM; 40mm Pancake; 100-400mm Zoom 1:4.5-5.6 L IS II USM; 580EXII Flash; BG-E20RC Battery Grip; Teleplus 2X Converter; Tamrac Expedition 5 Backpack.
    Lightroom; Photoshop

Re: Out with the old, in with the new.....

if I'm honest I would have got a lot lower as that building looks really interesting
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

That's a really interesting building Stan and excellent processing. I can see what Ian means. It's the type of image I'd end up taking lots of shots from different perspectives and then see what looks best in the PP (and then probably choose the wrong one).
      - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Agree with the others... The 'new' is too small in the frame to make an impact, while the 'old' deserves much more attention methinks...
        Cheers;
        Lee
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
        5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
        17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

With all that was stated above, I do like how you tried to use the old to focus on the new.

A play with a longer focal length and backing up a bit might help in bringing the new closer to the old.

Tom

Comment

Yes...I like the idea, maybe a severe square crop....maintaining the LH edge....which will loose some of the foreground building ....but would intensify the relationship of the two buildings might work....just a thought.
            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thanks Guys. Lots to look at when next in Lightroom. Position was difficult as it was on a steep bank and I did not want to tumble down but I can see some extra work is needed.

Cheers,

StanII
              Stan Eastwood.

Canon 5D MkIV; EF 24-105mm Zoom 1:4 L IS USM; EF 17-40mm Zoom 1:4 L USM; EF 100mm MACRO 1:2.8 L IS USM; 40mm Pancake; 100-400mm Zoom 1:4.5-5.6 L IS II USM; 580EXII Flash; BG-E20RC Battery Grip; Teleplus 2X Converter; Tamrac Expedition 5 Backpack.
              Lightroom; Photoshop

Comment

Working...
              X