Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi

Not sure that Abu Dhabi is really in Asia and Australia, but there is no better fit! A couple of images from a recent visit:

Columns at the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

2Y2A0354-Edit.jpg by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

Lots more (including of the mosque) here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskZ3dkzt

Thanks for looking

Richard
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Re: Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi

I really liked the Girl with the Yellow Sari but these are just not doing it for me Richard. It's just a personal thing re the double exposures; sorry.
    - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

A dreamy effect Richard, I do like the 1st image over the 2nd as in the 2nd I'm not sure what I am looking at.

Tom

Comment

You're developing quite a unique style on these images; put's my bog-standard shots of the mosque in the shade...
        We were there in March when the weather was largely c**p but I haven't processed them yet...
        Cheers;
        Lee
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
        5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
        17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

The first one is really rather fabulous with a dreamlike quality. The second sadly less so, it feels like a bit of a muddle and unlike the first there's no clear shape giving it form and definition.

No 1:
          Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

They look good to me....very impressionistic and capture the character of the place.
            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Have to agree with above. No. 1 I can 'see' and looks interesting. No. 2 I could not see into it for a long time. Got eye strain in the end.

But... interesting.

StanII
              Stan Eastwood.

Canon 5D MkIV; EF 24-105mm Zoom 1:4 L IS USM; EF 17-40mm Zoom 1:4 L USM; EF 100mm MACRO 1:2.8 L IS USM; 40mm Pancake; 100-400mm Zoom 1:4.5-5.6 L IS II USM; 580EXII Flash; BG-E20RC Battery Grip; Teleplus 2X Converter; Tamrac Expedition 5 Backpack.
              Lightroom; Photoshop

Comment

Like the others No1 is better than the second and works very well in your new style, sadly No2 doesn't work for me
                Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Hawkins View Post
                  I really liked the Girl with the Yellow Sari but these are just not doing it for me Richard. It's just a personal thing re the double exposures; sorry.
                  No worries! I would hate for everyone to like them They are actually a lot more than double exposures!!! But delighted you liked the girl with the yellow sari!

Comment

Originally posted by EOS_User View Post
                    You're developing quite a unique style on these images; put's my bog-standard shots of the mosque in the shade...
                    We were there in March when the weather was largely c**p but I haven't processed them yet...

Generally over 35 degrees so far!

Comment

Thanks to everyone for commenting... OK - so I get the drift! Yes to 1 and no to 2! Message received and understood: don't stray too far from the basic photograph...for this forum at least - my artsy forum probably voted he other way round

Best

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by rcarca View Post
                        Thanks to everyone for commenting... OK - so I get the drift! Yes to 1 and no to 2! Message received and understood: don't stray too far from the basic photograph...for this forum at least - my artsy forum probably voted he other way round

Best

Richard
                        Maybe it's more the case the second one is not necessarily a bad shot but doesn't stand so well against the first. As I said the first has a definite shape and form while the second doesn't. It's quite possible that standing alone or alongside similarly abstract shots it would have fared better.
                        Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
                        X