Over the years....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over the years....

Thought I would ask for some comments on the following. All taken over the years and as I'm looking to get out and about as soon as I am able to get some more, I'm looking for improvement. (Still working at 68 so photography only usually comes when on holiday).

2011 - Lost Gardens of Heligan, Cornwall.

IMG_4383
    by Stanley Eastwood, on Flickr

IMG_4389

2014 -Brobury Gardens - Leominster

SCE_9495

2015 - Key Gardens, London

SCE_6331

2016 - Lost Gardens of Heligan, Cornwall. (I like the fly on this one).

SCE_7913

2016 - Berriedale, Caithness, Scotland

Moss Avenue

Cheers,

StanII
    Stan Eastwood.

Canon 5D MkIV; EF 24-105mm Zoom 1:4 L IS USM; EF 17-40mm Zoom 1:4 L USM; EF 100mm MACRO 1:2.8 L IS USM; 40mm Pancake; 100-400mm Zoom 1:4.5-5.6 L IS II USM; 580EXII Flash; BG-E20RC Battery Grip; Teleplus 2X Converter; Tamrac Expedition 5 Backpack.
    Lightroom; Photoshop

Re: Over the years....

Lovely set of images Stan.

Tom

Comment

Nice set, Stan, and rather than improvement I think it shows that you have had a good eye for years. Perhaps if anything the very first is a bit flat, would you have processed it differently now? The second is my favourite, I just love the composition. That said it does look slightly soft to me, perhaps the 1/40sec is slow for a macro of a plant outside in the elements? And then my next favourite is the zingy 2015 one.
      Canon EOS 7D
      EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
      Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
      flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Thanks Tom and Alex. Not sure what more I could do to the first except sharpen it to make to pop out a little but I take your point. I'm stil having problems with my speed and I need to do more to correct that.

Thanks guys.

StanII
        Stan Eastwood.

Canon 5D MkIV; EF 24-105mm Zoom 1:4 L IS USM; EF 17-40mm Zoom 1:4 L USM; EF 100mm MACRO 1:2.8 L IS USM; 40mm Pancake; 100-400mm Zoom 1:4.5-5.6 L IS II USM; 580EXII Flash; BG-E20RC Battery Grip; Teleplus 2X Converter; Tamrac Expedition 5 Backpack.
        Lightroom; Photoshop

Comment

Originally posted by StanEastwood View Post
          Not sure what more I could do to the first except sharpen it to make to pop out a little but I take your point.
          This may not help/work as you may already have done all this but for what it is worth my 'default' processing in Lightroom is as per Anthony Morganti's You Tube videos, in essence: apply lens correction, drop highlights, lift shadows, adjust vibrance, select medium or strong contrast on tone curve, select auto white and black points, then take it from there. This seems to result in quite a punchy image to work with.
          Canon EOS 7D
          EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
          Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
          flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Thanks Alex. I will have a look at Anthony's YouTube video as you suggest.

StanII
            Stan Eastwood.

Lightroom; Photoshop

Comment

thats a fine selection of photos - nice work and agree about Anthony vids very good
              :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks Ian. Just checked out Anthony's first video and learn't a load of shortcuts.

Cheers,

StanII
                Stan Eastwood.

Lightroom; Photoshop

Comment

Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                  flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X