Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duomo Milan

The Duomo in Milan.

I've gone for a bit of HDR type processing to bring out the texture from the stone. Be kind re the verticals - they did start building it in 1386 so it might not be all my lack of PP skills if a column isn't completely straight - honest.

I've also followed Ian's lead and posted this in Landscape rather than Europe to stop it getting 'lost'.

Duomo Milan

by Tony Hawkins, on Flickr
    - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Re: Duomo Milan

Like the processing as it keeps you focused on those beautiful windows. Nicely done Tony

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom - there were some spectacular windows there.
      - Tony

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

I've also followed Ian's lead and posted this in Landscape rather than Europe to stop it getting 'lost'.
        seems the only way us landscape guys are getting feedback now - I just come straight to this section, then check anything new

Be kind re the verticals - they did start building it in 1386 so it might not be all my lack of PP skills if a column isn't completely straight - honest.
        OK we believe you

excellent work and processing
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Really like the pools of light you captured/added

I think it could use a slight clockwise twist though
          Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Lovely image, Tony, and very Tigger-esque (in a good way). You've processed it beautifully to show off the stained glass windows. Were the statues lit like that or is that through processing? Either way, you've done a great job either to capture them so subtly or to create the illusion.
            Canon EOS 7D
            EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
            Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
            flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by Parsen66 View Post
              Really like the pools of light you captured/added

I think it could use a slight clockwise twist though
              Thanks Alan - it's fine BTW - just tilt your head a little bit the other way.
              - Tony

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                Lovely image, Tony, and very Tigger-esque (in a good way). You've processed it beautifully to show off the stained glass windows. Were the statues lit like that or is that through processing? Either way, you've done a great job either to capture them so subtly or to create the illusion.
                Thanks Alex. I was trying to process like the master. The statues were lit much as you see them - I just extenuated the lighting a tiny bit.
                - Tony

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Working...
                X