So what`s happening with your photos ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what`s happening with your photos ?

Are you printing them ? Sticking them on flikr or your own blog / website ? Most of mine sadly never make it off the hard drives , seems a waste when you think about it . I wondered what other people were doing .

Re: So what`s happening with your photos ?

like you most stay on the HD but a few do get printed - those that don't I don't class them as a waste as I enjoy trying to take a unique photo and process it the way I want to see it - so its my little take on a location
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Post some here, add to Flickr, Photocrowd and my web site. Share electronically with those friends and family interested and print some, particularly on high definition aluminium for display.
      - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

although something I've been thinking about is posting images on sites to sell - with my gothic interest I may find a market
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

This is a question that many of my friends ask me. I print some for my coffee table and leave the rest on my computer and backed up to my external hard drive. I send some to my local papers which gets printed, post some on facebook. I also enjoy taking wildlife/nature pictures
          Last edited by Nathaniel; 13-05-2017, 09:49.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

This is something I have been thinking about recently also. It seems such a waste to have so many images on my harddrive. I post here, on Flickr and Facebook, but to a limited audience. I am aiming to print photo books every so often which I can have for visitors to a look at. I got this idea from a previous thread, where Nat said this is what he does. Thought it was a great idea. At least they will have a bit of longevity to them. I don't think any of my pictures are saleable, but I enjoy what I shoot, and maybe other's will too.
            Garry Macdonald on Flickr
            Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Apart from those I display here (and therefore on Flickr) and another forum I frequent, I just keep mine to a few friends and family. I know there is no market. I have three ways of displaying outside of people clustering around my computer (which I don't particularly like):
              After a 'significant' holiday I will create an A4 hardback photo book, and after a lesser one (long weekend abroad, say) I may produce a smaller (7"x5") soft back one, just because these are easier to whip out and bore people with.
              Every year I put my favourite images into a calendar which I give to a select few (lucky them!). Every time i visit them of course they have to take it out of a drawer and stick it up.
              For visitors I have a couple of electronic photo frames which can display a couple of hundred images each. The downside is that half of a dining table keeps looking at them (because they see movement from the changing image, not because they are any good) and the other half have their back to it and have to keep turning round whenever someone says 'where's that?'.
              I have tried things like leaving them rotating on the TV screen when not in use, but that is a bit intrusive.
              Canon EOS 7D
              EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
              Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
              flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                Apart from those I display here (and therefore on Flickr) and another forum I frequent, I just keep mine to a few friends and family. I know there is no market. I have three ways of displaying outside of people clustering around my computer (which I don't particularly like):
                After a 'significant' holiday I will create an A4 hardback photo book, and after a lesser one (long weekend abroad, say) I may produce a smaller (7"x5") soft back one, just because these are easier to whip out and bore people with.
                Every year I put my favourite images into a calendar which I give to a select few (lucky them!). Every time i visit them of course they have to take it out of a drawer and stick it up.
                For visitors I have a couple of electronic photo frames which can display a couple of hundred images each. The downside is that half of a dining table keeps looking at them (because they see movement from the changing image, not because they are any good) and the other half have their back to it and have to keep turning round whenever someone says 'where's that?'.
                I have tried things like leaving them rotating on the TV screen when not in use, but that is a bit intrusive.
                I'm the same except for your last paragraph, i.e. I don't have electronic photo frames.

I thought I better add the clarification, just in case you were thinking I was a Billy no Mates [emoji23]

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
                Peter

Feel free to browse my
                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I rotate mine as wallpapers on my works and home PC and store the rest on Hard Drives, with a few stuck on Flickr, you should try that to Billy
                  Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
                  X