• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Midnight Hawks (Finnish Airforce Display Team) - in the diamond pattern

Hi all,

Please find a photo or two from my first session on fighter jets:

N39A1589 by Marko Akselin, on Flickr

N39A1670 by Marko Akselin, on Flickr

Modest shots since the team is small and we cannot affort blue skies every time...
    Very light on post processing.
    7Dmk2 (active) + Sigma 10-20mm + Canon EF-S 17-55mm + 50mm + Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/markoaventurero/

Re: The Midnight Hawks (Finnish Airforce Display Team) - in the diamond pattern

Very nice set

Tom

Comment

Nice set, pity about the grey sky, the scourge of aviation photographers!!

Regards Paul

Comment

Hi Marko; that's a new team on me; I've seen plenty - but never them... I like the flag-carrier... Try & persuade them to come to the UK
        Cheers;
        Lee
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
        5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
        17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Thanks Tom, Paul!

@EOS_user: I have now arranged the team to visit UK.
          During 14.–16. July at Royal International Air Tattoo the display team will be there. I hope this suits you well! ;)

http://www.airtattoo.com/airshow/air...midnight-hawks

The flag livery is brand new to the team, first time shown for the public just last week on the show I was visiting. It seems that the livery will be further completed with some detail. The livery is tribute to those who fought for Finland's independence and as such celebrates Finland's 100 years of independence.
          7Dmk2 (active) + Sigma 10-20mm + Canon EF-S 17-55mm + 50mm + Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM.
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/markoaventurero/

Comment

Originally posted by MarkoA View Post
            @EOS_user: I have now arranged the team to visit UK.
            During 14.–16. July at Royal International Air Tattoo the display team will be there.
            WELL DONE! I'm impressed
            I can't make the main show days for RIAT this year, but I'm hoping to make a practice day; with luck they'll be flying...
            Cheers;
            Lee
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
            All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
            5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
            17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Working...
            X