Spoilt for choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoilt for choice

Coupling a 7d with a 70-200 is II 2.8. Which extender will be best. The 1.4 or the 2x. Type ii or iii. Going to Silverstone to watch the grand prix. Thanks all

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Re: Spoilt for choice

Personally I would use the x2 extender as the fences will keep you well back from the action. I have a 7d2 and use the 2x mark ii version which works really well in my opinion
    Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Welcome to the forum Topof... I'm not familiar with Silverstone, so, much will depend on distance... but... I have the same lens and couple it with a 1.4x MkIII, which yields great results... I sold my 2x due to poor Image Quality - even though it gives you the extra reach! Good luck and enjoy the day...
      Cheers;
      Lee
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
      5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
      17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Good luck at silverstone,not the easiest track to shoot from but then again which tracks are!
        As well as the racing don't over look everything else that's going on in and around the track.

Paul
        EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
        Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Welcome along to the forum. The best advice I got about going to Silverstone was to get all your shots during practice and qually, it is soooooo busy on race day. I did get some shots in during the race, but the best ones were during the previous days if you're going to be there for those. Can't help you with your question unfortunately, I just hired a mkii 100-400L which was not a disappointment! Here are my efforts if you are interested
          Garry Macdonald on Flickr
          Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by EOS_User View Post
            Welcome to the forum Topof... I'm not familiar with Silverstone, so, much will depend on distance... but... I have the same lens and couple it with a 1.4x MkIII, which yields great results... I sold my 2x due to poor Image Quality - even though it gives you the extra reach! Good luck and enjoy the day...
            That does seem to be the response from other users that the 1.4 is the better. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
              Welcome along to the forum. The best advice I got about going to Silverstone was to get all your shots during practice and qually, it is soooooo busy on race day. I did get some shots in during the race, but the best ones were during the previous days if you're going to be there for those. Can't help you with your question unfortunately, I just hired a mkii 100-400L which was not a disappointment! Here are my efforts if you are interested
              Cool shots thanks

Comment

These are the results. Along with many missed shots. Quite happy with the majority of them.

Comment

Nicely done Topof.

Regardless of what genre of photography you prefer, there will always be missed shots. The trick is not to allow disappointment to prevail, but to learn from the failures and celebrate the successes.
                  Colin

Comment

Working...
                  X