Princes Drive Weir - River Leam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Princes Drive Weir - River Leam

SWMBO and I were in Leamington Spa today where she was visiting Warwickshire College. Behind the college runs the River Leam and there is a weir. The day was grey and the sky was leaden (it started to rain shortly afterwards), but I decided to try to get a shot with some motion blur in the water.

Not yet having stoppers for the M5 lenses, I thought I would try the "stack multiple images" approach to try and get some water movement blur. This image is formed from 8 images taken in quick succession using high speed burst mode. The technique certainly works, but I think there is a very slight lack of sharpness in the stationary parts of the image, perhaps as a result of camera vibration. I guess the message might well be that stoppers do a better job.

Not the most inspiring of images, but an interesting experiment.

River Leam - Princes Drive Weir by John Liddle, on Flickr
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Re: Princes Drive Weir - River Leam

If that's 8 images - hand held - I'd say you (and/or the camera) did a pretty good job.
    Cheers;
    Lee
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
    5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
    17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Thanks for looking and commenting Lee.

Originally posted by EOS_User View Post
      If that's 8 images - hand held - I'd say you (and/or the camera) did a pretty good job.
      I fear I did not make myself sufficiently clear - the camera was on a tripod but two of the legs had to straddle a low fence on the riverside path and the ground on the river side of the fence was (oddly) both soft and slightly springy. As a result, I think there may have been the possibility of some slight camera vibration or tripod movement (it was quite breezy).

I have more of the series of shots and will try combining a greater number of them and see what I get.
      John Liddle

Comment

nice work John that works really well
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thank you Ian
          John Liddle

Comment

It looks pretty good from here, John.
            Chris
            80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Thanks Chris
              John Liddle

Comment

Working...
              X