Skomer Island, Pembrokeshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visited Skomer Island (Wildlife Trust of South and West Wales) on May 11th on a misty and wet day. Pity as it was full of Bluebells and Red Campions that would look much nicer in the sun. Still did what I could in pp and they have come out 'acceptable'. I have put a separate set of Puffins on the birds link.

Approaching Skomer Island - Wildlife Turst building in view.

Skomer Island, Wildlife Trust of South and West Wales, Pembrokeshire
    by Stanley Eastwood, on Flickr

Landscape with Bluebells and Red Campions

Landscape - coast

Inland (not by far):

MK4_2618

'Kit' - baby rabbit in its burrow:

Rabbit 'Kit' in burrow - Skomer Island, Pembrokeshire

The island is only a couple of miles long but undulates a lot and the paths are all rough ground and rock. You are not allowed off the paths except where you are on rock. To do so could collapse a burrow - there are 50,000 of them for the Puffins alone. Then there is all the rabbits. Seagulls/Gulls by the thousands as well as Terns, Owls, Geese and other wildfowl.

Good day but a lot of climbing (waling up steep steps and paths) and walking on uneven ground.

Comments gratefully accepted.

StanII
    Stan Eastwood.

Canon 5D MkIV; EF 24-105mm Zoom 1:4 L IS USM; EF 17-40mm Zoom 1:4 L USM; EF 100mm MACRO 1:2.8 L IS USM; 40mm Pancake; 100-400mm Zoom 1:4.5-5.6 L IS II USM; 580EXII Flash; BG-E20RC Battery Grip; Teleplus 2X Converter; Tamrac Expedition 5 Backpack.
    Lightroom; Photoshop

Re: Skomer Island, Pembrokeshire

Somehow this got missed earlier....must have been lots of posts that day.....a good insight to Skomer in your shots, Ive never been across but I'm tempted now!
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Nice series Stan well captured and processed

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Nicely documented, and I like the fact that you included the obligatory puffin in the first shot

It makes me want to return - I've been a few times but won't be able to go again during "puffin time" until at least 2019!
        I didn't think the climbing was too bad - at least not once you've got up the steps from the boat and thence up onto the main paths.
        Chris
        80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Nicely documented Stan

Tom

Comment

Nicely done Stan 2
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
            X