Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Canons Park Edgware

Hi

I would like to meet other members and join local/localish photography club if it exists. I have just upgraded from 700d to 77d .Lots to learn to get the most from the camera!

Re: Hi from Canons Park Edgware

Be aware that most all photography clubs are more about competitions than photography.

I tried one for year, but got bored with there being competition after competition, with little else photography. Even some of the workshops were competition related, such has how to mount prints competitions.

As for the competitions themselves, subjective beyond belief.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

Do you have a name??
    Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave
      i will have fun with trial and error

incidentally i find it pretty poor to buy expensive kit which does not include a detailed instruction book

Best wishes

Steve

Comment

All new Canons bought today have got an instruction book on PDF. However you can buy printed copies from the EOS shop or guides from Ebay- I buy the David Taylor Expanded guides (available on Ebay). They are excellent.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Hi Steve; welcome to the forum...

You can download a full User Manual PDF for the 77D from here...

There are at least three camera/photography clubs quite close to you which have a good reputation;
          Watford
          Pinner
          Harrow

It's true that these clubs are not for everyone, but give at least one a try and see how you get on. You will always find somebody that's willing to help you out, regardless of the club's agenda... As for competitions, they're not all bad! You can learn a great deal from them!

Good luck...
          Cheers;
          Lee
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
          5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
          17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

you will probably get better answers on here ,depending on what you intend to use the camera for .i.e portraits/landscapes/views /family /sport or wildlife ,each particular genre will have its own dedicated band of followers and ways of obtaining a image .and each genre will have its own range of lenses that are all must haves .so the shops tell us

Comment

Welcome to the Forum

Tom

Comment

Welcome to the forums, you will like it here.
                Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Thanks I brought the instruction book from the EOS shop and waiting for theDavid Taylor guide to come out

Comment

Many thanks and i look forward to the competitions.Would you by chance have contact details of the pinner and harrow clubs?

Comment

Many thanks Tony

Comment

Many thanks Steve Took some great subset photos on your wonderful beaches in florida

Comment

Many thanks. I am taking a lot of family and tennis shots . i currently have a 77d and 18-135 usm lens

Comment

Originally posted by Frustrated tennis player View Post
                            Would you by chance have contact details of the pinner and harrow clubs?
                            Just click on the links in my prior post; that'll take you to their respective websites where you'll find; Welcome, About Us, How to find us, Contact us, Programme pages etc. etc.
                            Cheers;
                            Lee
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
                            5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
                            17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Originally posted by EOS_User View Post
                              Just click on the links in my prior post; that'll take you to their respective websites where you'll find; Welcome, About Us, How to find us, Contact us, Programme pages etc. etc.
                              Many thanks i has a prompt reply from Pinnerclub
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X