7D Mark11 Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7D Mark11 Button

I have just got a 7D Mk 11 and was wondering about the 'fire' button On my old canons the first press actuated the AF then there was a resistance, almost a click which then actuates the shutter. There doesn't seem to be a second resistance.
    Is that how thy are now? I have taken a lot of useless shots and still not used to it!

Re: 7D Mark11 Button

Hi CeeDee; Is the body new or did you acquire it as 'pre-loved'?

The Shutter button is still configured by default to acquire & lock focus at the half-way stage, and then fire once you follow through... However, two things occur to me;

1. The newer model shutter buttons are far more sensitive than the older models (at least to me anyway) so you need to be a little more 'gentle' at the half-way stage... Takes a little getting used to, but you will do so... What older model were you using?

2. If it's pre-owned, it may be set up for 'Back Button Focus' which means the shutter button will only evaluate exposure and then fire - and not acquire focus.

Try doing a reset to default settings! (You'll need to download the full PDF User Manual to find out where.) Click here to do so...

OK?
    Cheers;
    Lee
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
    5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
    17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

There is a lot of good intructions of youtube

- such as here

Subscribe for more videos: https://www.youtube.com/c/GrantAtkinsonPhotographyAndSafaris?sub_confirmation=1Visit my website: http://www.grantatkinson.comCanon...

- the 7D2 is a great camera - enjoy it

Brian
      ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by EOS_User View Post
        Hi CeeDee; Is the body new or did you acquire it as 'pre-loved'?

The Shutter button is still configured by default to acquire & lock focus at the half-way stage, and then fire once you follow through... However, two things occur to me;

1. The newer model shutter buttons are far more sensitive than the older models (at least to me anyway) so you need to be a little more 'gentle' at the half-way stage... Takes a little getting used to, but you will do so... What older model were you using?

2. If it's pre-owned, it may be set up for 'Back Button Focus' which means the shutter button will only evaluate exposure and then fire - and not acquire focus.

Try doing a reset to default settings! (You'll need to download the full PDF User Manual to find out where.) Click here to do so...

OK?
        Hi Lee
        It's a new one as the s/h prices were getting close to new! I've been useing a 20D and 5D mk2 and the feel is definatly different. Having used it some more I'm sure you are correct when you say "gentle"
        Thanks for the reply.
        C

Comment

Working...
        X