Get the behind me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get the behind me

On holiday in New York, just been in the B & H store. They had a Canon rep with all the latest cameras & lenses. It was like a kid in a candy store. But the wife was with me & the hands remained in the pocket except for buying a manfrotto monopod. Wonderful store.

Re: Get the behind me

No, no, no, no no....
    Repeat after me; I must not make this mistake again; I must not make this mistake again...
    Macy's is just around the corner. Drop the wife off there, then you can spend as much time as you like at B&H, but don't leave it 'til the last minute... they're closed on Sundays!
    Cheers;
    Lee
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
    5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
    17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

That is one way of getting out of the dreaded Macy's shopping, never thought of that. Two flaws in your argument, 1/ B & H is closed Saturdays. 2/ She holds the purse strings & never ( or very seldom) lets them go.

Comment

Know the feeling dave ,I got a new camera recently .she has just bought a new (used) caravan . Hence my absence from the forum of late . Busy making sure it's ready to use and up to her standards . Few more days and i'll hopefully be allowed out to play again

Comment

Must be a pain Jeff, blacking out all of those windows bar the big front one, knocking that out and replacing it with drop down wooden shutters, fitting a shelf below the window to mount your gimbal on, removing the bed and fitting a caravan wide bench seat, and finally after all that painting it all green or timber cladding it so it blends in with the surrounds.
          Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

We are all so hard done by,but wouldn't change a thing in truth. Though exchange for a 7d mk2 might give me something to ponder on.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
              We are all so hard done by,but wouldn't change a thing in truth. Though exchange for a 7d mk2 might give me something to ponder on.
              you should have gone for my 1D3 that would make a difference ,or even a 1D4 if the funds will stretch .then your cooking on gas

Comment

[QUOTE=TonyT;387460]Must be a pain Jeff, blacking out all of those windows bar the big front one, knocking that out and replacing it with drop down wooden shutters, fitting a shelf below the window to mount your gimbal on, removing the bed and fitting a caravan wide bench seat, and finally after all that painting it all green or timber cladding it so it blends in with the surrounds. [/QUO

TE]

good idea tony ,but weighed against divorce not a good one

Comment

Working...
                X