• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

St Benet's Abbey, Norfolk Broads

Untitled by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
    Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Re: St Benet's Abbey, Norfolk Broads

An interesting old structure. Jeff

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
      An interesting old structure. Jeff

Tom
      Two old structures in one

Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

Originally posted by Coolcat View Post
        I had to Google it to understand the structures there - who puts a wind pump in an old Abbey?

Nice image b.t.w!
        John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Well taken

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by supergeeman View Post
            Well taken

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
            Thanks
            Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by John Liddle View Post
              I had to Google it to understand the structures there - who puts a wind pump in an old Abbey?

Nice image b.t.w!
              Money saving land owner
              Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Nice image.
                Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Comment

nice conversion

Stan
                  Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                  flickr

Comment

Thanks Derek
                    Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Thanks Stan
                      Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Jeff, when I first saw it I'm afraid it didn't grab me. I don't know why but something bothered me, I thought it might be the sepia processing (I'm not usually a fan - just my personal preference). But I've come back to it a few times now and I think it is just that I find the windpump a bit of a lump amongst the ruins. I can see that technically you have done a great job in showing the curve of the pump by the lighting on the side through the doorway, including the path to the side and placing the pump centrally to the ruin seems the right thing to do. So I'd have been very proud to have constructed the image as well as you have. So I guess it's just the juxtaposition of the buildings.
                        Part of me would be interested in seeing it in colour though.
                        Canon EOS 7D
                        EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                        Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                        flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Thanks for your comments Alex,

It is a strange structure indeed but for us Norfolk Broads boaters it is a very well known and loved part of the Norfolk Broads.
                          The actual Abbey itself, there is nothing much left other than the outline where the the foundations remain so most are drawn to the Gatehouse and its more modern adornment

Not sure its the done thing in this section but here is the colour version for you to compare....

CC9J1444 (1) by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
                          Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                          X