6D MkII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 6D MkII

Finally arrived with the 200D. But the opening prices are through the roof imho

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
      Finally arrived with the 200D. But the opening prices are through the roof imho
      and with the exchange rate situation I can't see launch prices falling much........
      - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Hawkins View Post
        and with the exchange rate situation I can't see launch prices falling much........
        ... so I've pre-ordered!
        Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Comment

Good for you Jock!

I'm on the fence for the 200D....bought a 100D for £300 a few months back and Camera World are offering £189 of that back against the 200D which has the articulated screen, wifi and better resolution....can I stomach losing £111 over such a short time though...I need to find out when its available.
          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Interesting pricing at the same level as the 5D MkIII .

My first reaction as a very happy 6D user was that the MKII makes a very good camera into an excellent one. There are 3 factors which might persuade me to upgrade - additional focus points, articulated screen & improved fps. Plus its only a tiny bit heavier.

I'm in no hurry to change - I bought my 6D a year after its introduction when there were some good offers around (free Battery Pack & £150 Canon cashback) and have been delighted with its performance.
            Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Hi Tony, I just visited your web site.....just wanted to say that I think its really impressive. I've seen most of the images on here before of course but they are much better presented on your web site....really good!! big thumbs up!
              Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
                Hi Tony, I just visited your web site.....just wanted to say that I think its really impressive. I've seen most of the images on here before of course but they are much better presented on your web site....really good!! big thumbs up!

Hi Brian, right I'm on really dodgy ground here. If you meant me then thank you for taking the time to visit my site and you very kind comments. Really appreciated! If you meant Antoeknee (who I presume is a Tony too) who started this thread I shall retreat with a red face
                - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Yes...yours Tony....sorry, I hadn't noticed the potential confusion....I have a red face now!
                  Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Yep I'm a Tony too (Antoeknee - Anthony). Agree though some nice work on Tonys site.
                    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Looks nice...good spec...but apart from the WiFi it's a little to close to the 5d mk3 to sway me

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Just traded in my 5D Mk III for the 6D Mk II. Won't be in till mid July/August

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                          Just traded in my 5D Mk III for the 6D Mk II. Won't be in till mid July/August
                          Well done Tom and not too long to wait.

I was a fan of the 6D and considered it great value for money, if you didn't need the bells and whistles of the 5D. The 6D MKII appears quite a significant improvement and seems good value against the cost of the 5D MKiv and the 1DX. I am not a fan of the twirly screen though, just an accident waiting to happen in my opinion. The times when you need it, rather than use it, could more than be covered with an Angle Finder C. That's just a personal view, based on my photography needs and I have no doubt that others will view it in a more positive light.

Look forward to seeing results from it in due course Tom.
                          Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                            I am not a fan of the twirly screen though, just an accident waiting to happen in my opinion. The times when you need it, rather than use it, could more than be covered with an Angle Finder C
                            I have a 70D with a twirly screen. Most of the time it's folded back flat, screen inwards or screen outwards (screen inwards gives the screen a bit of added protection against knocks). When I need to use it tilted out I'm extremely careful and have never had an issue. The twirly screen comes "free" with the camera, have you seen the price of an Angle Finder C!
                            John

70D, 30D, G1X Mk II, G12, EF-S 15-85, EF-S 18-55 STM, EF 40 STM, EF 50 II f 1.8, Sigma 10-20 f 4-5.6, Sigma 150-500 f 5-6.3, Sigma 1.4 EX DG Teleconverter, Tamron 90 f 2.8, Tamron 70-300 VC, Speedlite 270EX, 270EX MkII, 430EX III-RT, 550EX, 580EX, 600EX-RT and numerous bits and pieces.

Comment

The twirly screen comes "free" with the camera, have you seen the price of an Angle Finder C!
                              I see your point John, I bought mine some years ago when they were less expensive and didn't realise they were up to £189. However, a quick look on auction sites shows a genuine Canon Angle Finder B at £27 buy it now and third party options for around £30 new.

Even though your twirly screen was effectively free, how much less could the body have been without it? I mention this as my body includes 4K video, which I have never used. I am a stills photographer and if the subject was worthy of using video, I would be too busy taking stills. I would willingly have paid less to forfeit the video function.
                              Colin

Comment

Tom....I'm sure it's crossed the minds of many 5D3 users to upgrade to the 6D2.....I'd be interested to learn what you considered in terms of any gaps in their specs...if there are any....I like the wifi and floppy screen....I'm rarely in a position where the screens mechanical vulnerability matters.
                                Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Working...
                                X