Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBMF Invite

Hi All,

Was really pleased to have been contacted by BBMF and invited over to their Offices to meet some of the Fighter Pilots as a couple wanted copies of my Pic's.

I met Sqn Ldr Mark Discombe, Flt Lt Antony Parkinson, just known by everyone as Parky and the OC Sqn Ldr Andy Millikin, really nice down to earth guys with a Camaraderie that is plain to see.

Later there was a Display by my Favourite Spitfire for some WW2 Veterans they had visiting

109 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

Trying to get new angles, often means shooting them at a distance, as this

110 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

A try in Mono in the Poor part of the sky

111a by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

113 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

This was the Picture the Pilots flying wanted

TIFF 2 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

Regards Paul
    Last edited by pelliott1954; 03-06-2017, 12:02.

Re: BBMF Invite

Great set of images Paul, to say i'm green would be an understatement, Just wondered if Sqn ldr millican is any relation to Paul who was the Vulcan diplay pilot some years ago?

Alan

Comment

well done .i would have at least tried to blag a air to air shooting trip ,you don't ask you don't get

Comment

Thanks Alan, yes his Dad was the Vulcan Display Pilot, his Grandad was also a decorated Lancaster Pilot during WW2 and his Brother is also an RAF Pilot flying Voyager Tankers.

Jeff, I tried the Air to Air request over Winter, again I was invited over to BBMF by one of the Lancaster Captains, Seb Davey, I tried to blag a ride in the Lancaster or Dakota, sadly the answer was 'he would if he could but me being a Civilian makes it impossible'

Regards Paul

Comment

Do you have any family in the military, that can sometimes help.... That or win the 2017 F1 championship and fly with the Reds. Lol.
          Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Ask if I can go then my uncle got shot down and killed in a lanc

Comment

That's a great recognition of your work Paul.
              Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                That's a great recognition of your work Paul.
                Totally agree and I am ever so slightly jealous too
                Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Maybe you are going about it the from the wrong direction, not all all air to air the BBMF do will necessarily be from service aircraft, so how about enquiring if you can get on one of those?
                  Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Very well done Paul

Tom

Comment

Working...
                    X