After the rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the rain

Whilst up in Nathaniel's neck of the woods (Denbighshire, North Wales) I went into my friends garden after the rain to photograph and derelict building and found these around the area. Lucky catch.

Droplet waiting to go
    by Stanley Eastwood, on Flickr

Droplet after the rain

Even though the Pussy Willow is on its way out I liked the contrast of colour:
    (Zoom in on Flicker for a better look at the filaments coming from the plant itself).

Pussy Willow on its way out

Not sure if this is a Thistle Head but it looks like - anyone with a real name for it?
    (Zoom in on Flicker for a better look at the filaments around the plant itself).

Thistle head in rain

Just a grass seed head can look nice in the right light!

Grass seed with raindrop (3)

And finally something which is not exactly a macro but I thought it made an interesting pattern:

Ground cover Sedum

As usual, enjoy if its your sort of thing and any comments gratefully received.

StanII
    Stan Eastwood.

Canon 5D MkIV; EF 24-105mm Zoom 1:4 L IS USM; EF 17-40mm Zoom 1:4 L USM; EF 100mm MACRO 1:2.8 L IS USM; 40mm Pancake; 100-400mm Zoom 1:4.5-5.6 L IS II USM; 580EXII Flash; BG-E20RC Battery Grip; Teleplus 2X Converter; Tamrac Expedition 5 Backpack.
    Lightroom; Photoshop

Re: After the rain

Lovely series StanII they all work for me
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Very nice series Stan

Tom

Comment

Thanks Guys.

StanII
        Stan Eastwood.

Canon 5D MkIV; EF 24-105mm Zoom 1:4 L IS USM; EF 17-40mm Zoom 1:4 L USM; EF 100mm MACRO 1:2.8 L IS USM; 40mm Pancake; 100-400mm Zoom 1:4.5-5.6 L IS II USM; 580EXII Flash; BG-E20RC Battery Grip; Teleplus 2X Converter; Tamrac Expedition 5 Backpack.
        Lightroom; Photoshop

Comment

the last is a super shot, the previous two are excellent as far as the subject is concerned, sharpness and composition but the background is a bit distracting, number 3 is nice but the first two look like you have missed focus on the important areas

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Thanks Stan. All were taken 'hand held' so I am not surprised if I am off a bit. Will try harder next time.

Thanks for all the comments and tips guys.

StanII
            Stan Eastwood.

Lightroom; Photoshop

Comment

Super set....Mo 1 is my favourite ...I agree with Stan but it doesn't spoil it for me.
              Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Working...
              X