Fox

Enjoying the early morning sun

79 - Fox 179-6-17 by Trevor Bartlett, on Flickr
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Re: Fox

Nice , he looks comfy , have you tried lifting the shadows to show his face a little more Trev ?

Comment

Tom

Comment

Thanks Mark, Tom. I appreciate the shadow could be lifted but I'm afraid these days I just take pictures and forget about the technicalities of the image - spent too many years having to worrying about things like that.
        Trev

Flickr:

Comment

nice as it is but with the shadows lifted would be even better

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Great shot Trev & I so agree with your technicalities comment, I would be so happy just to get such a shot as this. Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Canonboy View Post
              Thanks Mark, Tom. I appreciate the shadow could be lifted but I'm afraid these days I just take pictures and forget about the technicalities of the image - spent too many years having to worrying about things like that.
              Hi Trevor; that's an intriguing comment... why would you want to post images on the forum unless they were the 'best' you could make of them, and (I assume) anticipate commentary, but without (apparently) critique? (Incidentally, I like the image, but there's no doubt that it could be better!!!)
              Cheers;
              Lee
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
              All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
              5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
              17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Originally posted by EOS_User View Post
                Hi Trevor; that's an intriguing comment... why would you want to post images on the forum unless they were the 'best' you could make of them, and (I assume) anticipate commentary, but without (apparently) critique? (Incidentally, I like the image, but there's no doubt that it could be better!!!)
                first thing I thought when I saw the image the shadows need pulling up

and agree with Lee
                :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Don`t let the comments put you off posting your photos Trevor , I enjoy seeing them . But got to be worth a couple of minutes to get them looking their best .

Comment

Very nice, am so jealous, I keep going out at the crack of dawn hoping to catch one where I know they frequent but no luck so far

Regards Paul

Comment

Thanks everyone I appreciate your comments and would add I'm not offended by any of them - I'm too old to worry being nearly 80 but very active. I don't photograph animals in zoo's or the BWC, I enjoy the challenge of stalking a creature like this Fox, it took me 20 minutes to get anywhere near him. The picture I take is what I see and what pleases me - that is the picture I post, I like it, if you like it good, if you don't sorry.
                      I don't want to sit in front of a computer making a picture look something different to what I saw. I spent years sitting in front of editing tables and later on computers on 'Final Cut' and Avid. Now I just enjoy wandering around my little estate where I have hides for deer and badger etc. taking pictures. I admire the pictures that are put up on the site, many are stunning. Its obvious some do strive for technical excellence, I don't!. If I see a bird sitting aloft a bush with a clear blue sky behind it, I photograph it, it what I term the Field Guide image. If its on the third branch down with a messy BG I still photograph it. My main interest is not photography, its wildlife for which over the years I've received many awards and accolades including the MBE. Keep posting your pictures, I enjoy them, I will certainly have a word with my badgers, deer and foxes
                      about sitting in the shade!
                      Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Working...
                      X