Bucklebury Farm Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucklebury Farm Park

Had a fun few hours at Bucklebury Farm Park in Berkshire a couple of weeks ago:

Peacock in all of its glory:

Peacock
    by AlexR!, on Flickr

And the highlight was the ride around the deer enclosure where the red and sika deer were giving birth, this one just an hour or so old...

One hour old fawn
    by AlexR!, on Flickr

Comments and critique all welcomed. Particularly, do you find the peacock over sharpened? And all my fawn shots came out a bit softer than I would have liked - on reflection I should have upped the speed but I was so taken with the cute little blighters I wasn't concentrating so hard on the pics.
    Canon EOS 7D
    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
    Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Re: Bucklebury Farm Park

Nice cute factor with the fawn, but I do like how you framed the Peacock shot. Well done Alex

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
      Had a fun few hours at Bucklebury Farm Park in Berkshire a couple of weeks ago:
      Comments and critique all welcomed. Particularly, do you find the peacock over sharpened? And all my fawn shots came out a bit softer than I would have liked - on reflection I should have upped the speed but I was so taken with the cute little blighters I wasn't concentrating so hard on the pics.
      I would try and crop in on the peacock , lose the grass and his feet , see if it works . The fawn looks sharp enough , and is very cute , it`s not always about perfection , and like you I have been caught up in the moment more than once , and done far worse than you have here . You have a couple of nice pics here to remind you of your great day .

Comment

I like the peacock one just as it is - excellent

I also agree with Fallow. I often get accused by 'er indoors of not really looking at things as I'm generally peering through a viewfinder. I find there's a balance to be had between trying to get a perfect shot and having those "moments". Well done.
        Chris
        80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

I would try and crop in on the peacock , lose the grass and his feet
          yes, crop off along the bottom and then you have the classic peacock frame

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. I tinkered around with the peacock crop for ages. I decided that half way up the legs wasn't enough - it had to be no legs or all the legs, and finally couldn't cut those nobbly knees. So while I get what you are saying, for me the legs stay.
            Canon EOS 7D
            EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
            Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
            flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Working...
            X